Days: Who do you think will stay, go, be fired?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know I actually don't hate him but he's not an A list leading man I don't care what his role on Passions was. He's too lily white a character, not grey enough to be complex or interesting. And the stuff with Carrie just comes across silly not angsty. They actually have a chance to do something interesting with this Nicole baby story vs having him play white knight and her play the victim again, have them conspiring together out of hurt and betrayal. Now it's just repetitive BS.

And I don't get it. Why are Ari and Shawn up in the air? Both are working without a contract at this point?

• Members

Stay: Kristian Alfonso, Ian Buchanan, Molly Burnett, Shawn Christian, Joseph Mascolo, Peter Reckell, Suzanne Rogers, Alison Sweeney and Arianne Zucker (for now)

Demoted to Recurring: Renee Jones, Peggy McCay (who'd probably decide just to leave altogether, if offered recurring status) and Josh Taylor

Out: Galen Gering, Eric Martsolf and Melissa Reeves*

*And if she goes, guess what? Yep. Matt Ashford will leave with her.

• Members

They shoot 3 months ahead. If he is here until November it will air in February. Just like his arrival did.

I have seen people say that for months now, that Joe is ready to retire and I haven't seen any indication to that.

Announcements haven't been made in years when it comes to contracts on DAYS. It's only when the actors themselves say something that we know for sure.

• Members

You best believe that Days will do what it takes to keep Ali Sweeney on the show. I also hope Joe mascolo re-ups and would frankly be surprised if he doesn't. He is the patriarch and centre of a firmly established family on Days. I know the Bradys are beloved but it is the DiMeras who are currently driving a lot of story.

On a personal level, I hope Arianne stays too because I love her. Same with Molly Burnett who is an incandescent young heroine. No offense to Shawn Christian who I am sure is a fabulous human being but he plays a pointless character so I wouldn't shed tears if he left. Honestly, same with Galen even though he has impressed me on Days.

There is one person on that list who is already going who I am sad about. :(

• Members

And the show will have no one to blame but themselves if it happens.

Certain boards have a field day with Molly (not this one... this place is actually one of the best places you can talk about Molly and Melanie without being run through the mud), but they're missing the point... when you give her the right material, she shines. I'm going to be very interested to see how she does on CSI: NY at the end of this month. I fully expect she'll bat the ball right out of the park with the script she got.

As much as I love the character and am a huge fan of Molly, I'm starting to think the same thing. Get out while the gettin's good and spread your wings. She's talented enough that she could land at least four or five guest spots next TV season... probably not a series just yet because she wouldn't be leaving at the right time (Shelley Hennig walked right into Secret Circle because she taped her last Days just as pilot season was starting, and her move to prime time was well deserved).

This is when I wish Days would get Sheri Anderson to come on board. It's no secret she adores Molly and I think she'd write Melanie correctly. I think she'd do wonders for the younger set too.

As for the others: If they let Suzanne Rogers walk, they're nuts. We know about Renee now... I could see Melissa leaving with Matt Ashford, maybe to make guest appearances when Abby needs her parents.

• Members

It goes without saying that Alison Sweeney is safe. I think that Mascolo and Koslow are safe as well.

I think that there is a reasonable possiblity that DOOL will move to the internet after its time on NBC is up, so this might give Corday more leverage to cut the salaries. Ken may already be in talks with various compaines to ensure a smooth transition online. (Just because the hastily put together PP deal failed doesn't mean that some other soaps won't be able to make the transition.)

• Members

Why is Peggy McKay on contract anyway? We all know why Josh Taylor is (he should have been fired 10 years ago).

I don't know who looked at Passions and saw Galen Gering and Eric Matsolf and decided they needed to be leading men on Days. They're awful. GG has never, ever been good or leading man material. He's not even closet to being a competent actor. As for EM he's just a set of pecs and veneers.

• Members

Yes Galen wasn't even good lead material on Passions. I couldn't tolerate Luis until the final years when he was paired with Fancy and even then he had moments of his bad acting coming through( whenever he tried to act suprised for example) and nothing is tolerable about Rafe. And they drove me off when they built a family for him on DAYS.

And EM only sparked when they made Brady a complete ahole.

Archived