Historical Inaccuracies

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, there are two Kates. It's annoying when people do that. Yes, it'd be convenient if they were the same person and JER would've been doing a great job utilizing history, but they're not and I think it's more that ppl want them to be lol. Ohhhh soap fans ^_^;

• Members

On ATWT, I once recall Emily actually telling somebody else that Allison was her daughter (instead of her sister). However, I never heard this mentioned again. I'm guessing that Susan is really Allison's mother (as I almost always was led to believe), but I would appreciate clarification on this matter.

• Members

Yes, I list them as two different Kates: Kate Winograd and Kate Roberts.

Speaking of history, will have some "new" (old) "Days" stuff to release soon.

Did you know someone had a big crush on Tom in the 1960s?

Plus I'll be detailing the Baby Dickie saga. The first baby born (and to die) on "Days" in 1967.

• Members

Here's a historical inaccuracy that REALLY bugged me on OLTL:

Gabrielle stated in 1991, just after she was sentenced to prison, that she didn't want Max or Al to visit her there, even though Max wanted to initially. In 2002, however, she told Bo that Al would visit her there as a child, bringing her wildflowers that the other inmates would rip apart as soon as he left. Other than that, I always got the impression that Al never saw his mother again until 1997, when she was released and he went to live with her. I don't even know if he or Max ever bothered to write or call her (or even mention her onscreen). I'm also interested in knowing what happened when Al went to live with her--did Max speak to her offscreen, or did he not she her again in person until she came back in 2001?

I also have a question about the Medinas themselves:

Were Dante and Julia separated when Dante was murdered? It sounded like Julia raised Debra in London while Dante (and his mother) raised Gabrielle in Buenos Aires. I wonder if those five ever lived together at one point.

Frank Holden's deafness was reversed in 2002--Max told Al in a conversation early that year that Frank's hearing had been restored, and he would talk to him on the phone and listen to his voice--I wonder if he got a cochlear implant, just like JDP & KDP's son, JQ.

Kelly Cramer and Paul Cramer's births make little sense given Melinda's history on the show--although some say Kelly's father was meant to be Peter Janssen.

• Members

Four others I thought of:

1. Gabrielle either was pregnant or faked a pregnancy in 1988, after she and Max's ONS while Steve was in a coma. She also either miscarried or faked a miscarriage. Which was it, and if it was fake, did Max ever find out about it?

2. Gabrielle once mentioned to Al, when listing her shortcomings as a mother or a woman, the fact that she had tried to kill herself. Al said, "I remember that." Except...Gabrielle attempted suicide in 1988, when Al was a year old and she was supposedly pregnant. Max found her, and they found out right after that Steve was out of his coma. I guess there COULD have been an attempt in 1990-1991, when she truly began to unravel before going to prison, but still...odd.

3. Did Max ever learn/feel sympathy for Gabrielle after learning that Carlo threatened Al's life, which is why she kept silent and went to prison? I think he found out in 2001, I just don't know if he felt any sympathy at the time.

4. Ghost Luna said earlier this year that she wasn't sure if she could forgive Blair for trying to break up her marriage to Max. Except--she did, as Blair cried over her deathbed in 1995.

• Members

WORD!

At the VERY least, they could have revealed that The Pawn and John Black were, in fact, one and the same. If nothing else, it'd explain how and why John turned out to be so good at military stuff.

• Members

Fortunately, Ron Carlivati fixed THAT mistake before the show's finale. Even then, though, there still were questions....

My theory: because all those villains were male, it's possible -- just possible -- they all were really Stefano in disguise.

Archived