Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

B&B: April 2012 Discussion Thread

New stories are here?

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#121 JaneAusten

JaneAusten

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Oh, OK. I figured that they'd jump from 'she's kissing a married man' to 'she must be hooking up with him'.

The whole kissing aspect that got exposed is what's caused the impact on her public image and brand. I'm not sure the fact she's having sex with a married man isn't already a given as part of being exposed.

#122 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,611 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Oh, OK. I figured that they'd jump from 'she's kissing a married man' to 'she must be hooking up with him'.

it would have made more sense ahd they found out about the sex part instead of making some big scandal over a little kiss

#123 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

She said Hope is unstable (not mentally unstable)and hasnt learned how to deal with life yet....how is that innacurate? Hope's a mess and has been for months. She has very little life experience and has lived her life in a bubble filled with lollipops, rainbows and gumdrops. She doesnt know how to cope with things when they go wrong and we're seeing that as she literally cracks under the pressure of the unrealisitc expectations she's placed on herself

He's a stupid boy. It wont. i have to admit, Ive been enjoying Steffy around him. I enjoy the writing for her lately. JMW's been doing a good job with the material

Steffi is no better than Dope! She's pining over the same !@#$%^&*], so she's hardly one to talk. Liam is an idiot who, I believe, has never had an original thought. I'm shocked Bill let's him out without supervision. If women are going to act like lunatics over men, I'm gonna need that man to be the complete opposite of Liam. Such a dumb ass, and a reincarnation of that POS, Ethan Crane from Trassions! He could have put a stop to this long ago by simply telling Steffi that no matter what happens with Hope, he's never returning to her (Steffi). Steffi holding on to Liam and continuously occupying herself with Dope shows just how pathetic she really is.

It's a really bad triangle when I'd like to see all parties involved die a slow painful death! Really bad triangle. There is no rootable person here. Not one! I wanted better for Steffi, but she came back from her 2 hour sabbatical still wanting that jackass. I don't care any longer. To have every single older adult discussing them makes me physically ill! Put all 3 in a vat of boiling fish grease and be done with it!

Putrid ass triangle!

ANDREA

#124 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,653 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

I wasn't expecting them to have Hope tell Liam about the pills so soon, or for Amber to tell Brooke. I thought she was going to keep quiet until she had a heart attack, or jumped out a plate glass window, or something.

I had to laugh at all the recap dialogue from Hope in this episode. I think she said the same damn thing about 3 times!

JMW is very good at the weird aggressive nature of Brad Bell's B&B, but I just can't take Steffy/Taylor scenes. I want the roof to fall in. Posted Image

#125 JaneAusten

JaneAusten

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

Is it just me or am I missing chemistry between the actress who plays Caroline and the 2 actors she is supposed to be in a triangle with? Did these folks chem test before she was hired? I think JY has more chem with AF.

#126 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,653 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

Is it just me or am I missing chemistry between the actress who plays Caroline and the 2 actors she is supposed to be in a triangle with? Did these folks chem test before she was hired? I think JY has more chem with AF.

Caroline and JY are OK but not much at all. This character is such a blank slate and they clearly have no actual story plans for her.

B&B is a chemistry void. I missed most of the Bill/Steffy "romance" so perhaps that was an exception. I think JMW and Scott Clifton have chemistry but Steffy's characterization is so bewildering that it comes across as a drag queen hitting on a stupid-but-horny stud. If you put Charles Busch in her place it might be about the same.

#127 Chris B

Chris B

Kylie!!

• Members
  • 8,231 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

Steffy and Bill were off the charts hot. The best bet for Caroline would be doing Caroline/Ridge 2.0. That would make everyones head explode and also be a HUGE shocker. It would also help weave Ridge and Brooke into the younger storylines without giving them their own story (since Brad Bell wants to focus on the younger characters).

#128 Juliajms

Juliajms

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

He could have put a stop to this long ago by simply telling Steffi that no matter what happens with Hope, he's never returning to her (Steffi).

He could, but since it's obviously not true, he'd be a lying SOB. I think even Liam knows he'll be going back to Steffy soon enough.

#129 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,653 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Steffy and Bill were off the charts hot. The best bet for Caroline would be doing Caroline/Ridge 2.0. That would make everyones head explode and also be a HUGE shocker. It would also help weave Ridge and Brooke into the younger storylines without giving them their own story (since Brad Bell wants to focus on the younger characters).

I don't think they have that type of chemistry, and it's also not new for Ridge, being with much younger women. I think they need to stay away from any romantic stories for Moss these days. Winsor Harmon isn't exactly fit for that role either but I could buy Thorne/Caroline a little more. It would also make Taylor froth in rage and would set up a Steffy/Caroline feud.

Edited by CarlD2, 13 April 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#130 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Black in the Day Soapy Goodness

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Does Clarence have an update this week?

#131 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,611 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

hey look there goes Liam throwing it in Amber's face that she bashed his head in and nearly blew him up. She has some nerve trying to act like she and Hope are girlfriends...lol. Its funny watching all these people react to her delusions considering what she had previously done to Hope

Im proud of Hope confessing her ish to Liam. I didnt expect it so soon in this story. I wonder where they go from here bc it should have lingered on alot longer instead of being nipped in the bud so early

Seeing Donna ws such a shock bc I thought JG was absent for maternity leave already. Im glad Pamis back in the FC fold

#132 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,653 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

I wonder if Hope will get back on the pills without telling anyone (except Amber, probably).

#133 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,653 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

Scott Clifton was channeling Don Diamont so much in Friday's episode, it kind of cracked me up.

The Pam and Donna Duck scenes, complete with "comedy" music, did not amuse me. I'm actually shocked at the state of JG's face.

The therapy sessions with Hope and Dr. HBS were sort of Marland-esque, although I wish they'd just gone full into the Marland mode and cast Lisa Brown as the therapist.

#134 ~bl~

~bl~

Long Term Lurker, Occasional Poster

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

Friday's episode was a Patrick Mulcahey so you saying it was Marland-esque sort of amuses me.

#135 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,653 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Friday's episode was a Patrick Mulcahey so you saying it was Marland-esque sort of amuses me.

The therapy sessions were what came across that way to me. All the talk with a helpful professional about self-loathing and lies and shame. You could hear that on ATWT on any random episode from 1987-1992 or so.

I thought Kim Matula did a good job in that, and in her reading that online poll. I don't buy all this about Hope's incredible demons because of her whore mother, and how she was there to be the adult (never seen oncamera), but I did buy that scene.

#136 JellicleCat

JellicleCat

Recurring

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

I don't buy all this about Hope's incredible demons because of her whore mother, and how she was there to be the adult (never seen oncamera), but I did buy that scene.

This demonizing of Brooke is infuriating. After Hope's conception and birth she has been with two men, Ridge and Nick (not counting the rape for obvious reasons). And Brooke has never ever, through the entire run of the show, been promiscuous! She has never had a revolving door to her bedroom that has been stated on occasions.

#137 AllMyDaysatGH

AllMyDaysatGH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,392 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Seeing Donna ws such a shock bc I thought JG was absent for maternity leave already. Im glad Pamis back in the FC fold

Love how they had JG either sitting or holding a giant bag over her stomach the whole time...LOL.

Ugh, as usual hated the Brooke/Donna scenes. Thought the Pam/Donna scenes were fun though, I love the wonky music the show was playing during them :lol: Carl, I am laughing SO HARD at you referring to Donna as "Donna Duck" LMAO!!

Were they serious with Taylor's dialogue on Thursday? Posted Image She's beyond delusional acting like Steffy didn't lure Liam and scheme her way into marrying him.

#138 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,653 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

This demonizing of Brooke is infuriating. After Hope's conception and birth she has been with two men, Ridge and Nick (not counting the rape for obvious reasons). And Brooke has never ever, through the entire run of the show, been promiscuous! She has never had a revolving door to her bedroom that has been stated on occasions.

I think it's just lazy writing, brought on by the idea that embracing sex appeal means that you're a slut.

Would they ever do a story where Steffy or Thomas go to therapy because their mother is a wino, killed their aunt, hooked up with their uncle, slept her way through three generations of a family, used pills to help get a man, etc. etc.? Of course not. Because Taylor is supposed to be "good."

Love how they had JG either sitting or holding a giant bag over her stomach the whole time...LOL.

Ugh, as usual hated the Brooke/Donna scenes. Thought the Pam/Donna scenes were fun though, I love the wonky music the show was playing during them Posted Image Carl, I am laughing SO HARD at you referring to Donna as "Donna Duck" LMAO!!

I know it's rude but her face is just past it.

I don't understand the point of this character. I thought it was odd that they were all, "I don't like working," "Hey, you can be our receptionist!" It's nice Brooke has someone to talk to, but I'd rather they just hire, I don't know, Laura Koffman or KDP or Allison Hossack or someone as Brooke's old high school friend.

#139 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,611 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Pool party!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#140 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Black in the Day Soapy Goodness

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

As much as I miss JR on AMC (and am still bitter about his ending), I'm liking the fact that JY is finally getting something to do on this show since his return.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users