B&B: April 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm confused....Hope grew "dependent" on Dr.StepNoraMargo's prescription for TWO pills? (And no, I'm not talking about what Amber procured for her later...) We saw her repeatedly gulping down pills when she "couldn't handle" things...and now they're trying to say she only had a prescription for TWO pills?

Crap like this drives me insane.

But hey...everyone looked nice in their bikinis/suits. So much better than the Acapulco shoot, IMO.

• Members

Definitely not. But the story itself was for nothing (yes, she has a tie to the Forresters, but that can come anywhere). She is also back in with Hope even after what she did to Liam. That's why I said the show is basically avoiding the stories and why I don't feel her return was great from the start. I think they made some big mistakes which they are now swerving past. I didn't intend to say they were just pretending those stories never happened.

• Members

I spent half the scenes trying to figure out if you could see Liam's short hairs. I guess it's a way to divert from more conversations about Steffy.

I know we're probably supposed to take Hope's problems seriously, but everything with the diving board was just pure camp, especially the close-ups of Liam laughing at a joke as Hope was floating face down in the water! And that electric guitar of angst when she first got to the pool party.

I hope Amber isn't going to deliberately give Hope bad drugs. I couldn't tell if that was what they were implying.

I wonder how many of the scenes are rewritten by the actors. The Bill/Liam/Katie scenes seemed very "loose", which made them slightly less repetitive and annoying.

Dayzee is a lot better than the material she gets. Meanwhile, Marcus should go back to 7 Lives Exposed.

• Members

No, I'm sure we're supposed to trust that Amber simply isn't smart enough to realize any pharmacy that would fill an order without a prescription isn't trustworthy.

But at least this has the makings of a true scandal---"responsible teen role model secretly hooked on X and almost kills self".

• Members

I believe it. Amber is scrappy but also a flake who thinks about the consequences later -- MUCH later. I LOLed at her trolling the online pharmacies for allergy medication while also filling Hope's anxiety prescription. Girl is a multitasker.

And I think that Adrienne Frantz's strongest screen partner since Andrea Evans and Susan Flannery is Kristolyn Lloyd. They really work well together.

As for the rest, well, what to say about Hope jiggy-jigging by the pool? Beautifully shot locale, BTW. And while I love that Steffy is back (with better hair!), girl needs to stop kidding herself that she and Liam had this deep and abiding relationship before Hope broke it up. Steffy went after a guy who was in love with somebody else before and throughout their farcical marriage. She knew it and she did it to get back at the Logans (and possibly show Bill what he was missing). Now they are writing her as completely deluded. There never was this big love story! It never happened and we never saw it! Instead, we saw Liam pulling constipated faces at the thought of living without Hope.

I am probably one of the only people who liked Ridge's scenes with Caroline Jr. I thought it was quite moving the way he told her about Caroline's illness. Caroline really was the love that got away. I didn't find him pervving on Jr and, up until the crying, Ronn Moss's acting was pretty good (albeit mostly in flashback). After the crying begin... well, gotta give The Ronnequin points. When he commits to bad acting, he commits 200%.

• Members

agreed! Im enjoying Amber with Dayzee surprisingly. Im kinda glad her feud with her lasted all fo 2 episodes and they didnt make the two enemies bc I can see them getting along. Both from the wrong side of the tracks and Dayzee is about to be her kid's step mother. I hope they interact more

• Members

Right on. I didn't see much of Dayzee when she came on - I tuned out and returned earlier this year. I really like KL. She is absolutely killer and the scenes with AF - on the mark. I figured that something was really off when Hope took the first of the Amber pills and thought they might be fake. It was smart to tie in Dayzee's past to highlight this nuance. AF really played the conflicted Amber well today - I was really trying to help Hope/It's just not possible that something really bad could happen. B&B, for so long, had such a weak younger set, but they really do have a good group now and they are incorporating them under the big umbrella that has brought them ratings gold.

• Members

I think her hair looks too big for her face, and not the most flattering color, but as that pointless montage, she apparently always has bad hair. At one point, from the side, I thought she was Lauren Koslow.

I have no idea what that was about - let's show Steffy wandering around outside, have a montage, and then half-naked Liam hugs up on her? He apparently has no boundaries.

Why did Hope have no change in personality after she almost drowned?

The kitchen set is very nice.

• Members

I know these montages are used to fill up time, but I just thought it was odd having this in the same episode where Hope almost drowns. To go from Liam being concerned about his very mentally disturbed girlfriend to pressing his bare chest against his wife - tacky. I think a half-hour show leads to better structure than this.

Archived