B&B: April 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members
its over & if you blinked you missed it

They showed up out of the blue for lunch w/Brooke to announce their divorce with no storyline, not even dialog to indicate they were in trouble just.... boop! We're getting a divorce I hadn't seen them in months. Then quickerthanthis Donna was strategically placed on Nick's boat & they started up then that flopped then Jack Wagner was dropped. Very plot pointy very badly written...my issue besides this being the Hope & Liam show is for me the writing isn't that great...but there are moments

...The actor who plays Justin was doing a movie (another project) but he's getting no material other than Bill's talk to...Like daisy & Marcus no storyboard. Every now & again they come up with storylines I like...I still wonder what happen to the intern Beverly I had hopes for that storyline then boop! She disappeared.

I am an Amber fan so I'm hanging in for a minute...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The writing for this show is generally bad so the Donna thing isn't such a shock. Also, Bell does not seem willing to use any of his African American characters outside of PSAs about homelessness.

The show tends to be all over the place with no long term story plan. I'm sure Amber is pissed about being ripped from Y&R for little to no story on B&B. I remember Brad Bell saying that, eventually, he would have trouble putting more than one contract player in a scene at one time so I can't help but wonder if the Hope and Liam saga isn't more about economics than 'quality'.

Luckly, this is paying off in the short term. I do not dislike the 'new' B&B but feel it might be better on a cable channel aimed at late teens. In a recent Logan interview, he said something about 'if the Spencer family works out' and it made me wonder if Bell isn't considering cutting Dollar Bill. It was odd phrasing considering that the Spencers have been on the show for a while.

• Members

How masochistic Brooke must be to have this deep personal conversation with Stephanie? At least Stephanie only limited the bashing and dismissiveness to the first part of the scene.

I guess they are trying to pad the show out as much as possible, but I don't know why they need to keep having that map which zooms from LA to Aspen. I think people can figure out which parts are in Aspen.

I'm just skipping everything with sicko Dollar Dye Job. He holds that oh-so-special place in my heart that Taylor and Kimberly used to share. He should be honored.

It was nice to see HBS and Susan Flannery in a scene together.

I don't think Hope could have made her pill-popping any clearer to Liam if she turned into Ellen Burstyn from Requiem for a Dream.

That was the accident Hope caused with Steffy? I thought she was going to drop a skilift on her or something, not just sort of run into her.

Archived