GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I think the "tier" is based on backstage popularity (such as "your character is a part of THIS group instead of THAT group") rather than actual acting. Nancy Lee Grahn made a joke (yet based in truth) about the fact that she wasn't able to submit herself in the GH "Lead Actress" category in the Daytime Emmys until Alexis started interacting with Sonny.

• Members

Most definitely. On GH, a leading actress has to be paired with a mobette. That's mostly true for the men too. The only male lead who isn't a mobette is TG.

I think that is probably changing now, but it has been that way for several years.

• Members

^^^ That's annoying when he does that!

Connie tells Sonny Jason yelled at her lmao Sonny doesn't have a clue on what's going on with her, Spinny and Matt teaming up

to save Maxie oy , Dante's says no way to LooLoo's dumb idea of being

undercover as a stripper. SoapNet is re running Tracy being in the loony-bin and is still better than some of the stuff that's on now.

1yk40p.jpg

• Members

He seems to see her as garbage - the same way he sees just about everyone.

Then again, I'm not sure how I'd feel about a person who can't remember close family relationships of the guy they've been "dating" for several years.

• Members

No, because he's paid far less than they are and he is still somewhat of a newcomer (and he's probably expendable). In large part, the tiers are based on who makes the most money. DZ might get a lot of episodes, but he is making a lot less per episode than those in the top tier. They also have contractually guaranteed minimums.

Ingo Rademacher, Tyler Christopher and Nancy Lee Grahn were probably the second tier who came closest to the top tier. They had all been there for a considerable number of years so their union-set base salaries were higher. On top of that, IR and TC were both seen as leading men at one time, so they were able to negotiate from that vantage point. One of the reasons GH gave for firing them is that they were both expensive. Once LW got out of the pairing with IR, GH felt free to fire him.

Archived