ALL: Silver Anniversaries and Original Cast Members

• Members

Watching the B&B 25th Anniversary was so much fun. It was especially nice to see the big 4 original cast members together: Ronn Moss (Ridge), John McCook (Eric), Susan Flannery (Stephanie), and Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke).

It got me thinking, of the Soaps that hit the big 25, were they all so lucky to have a stable contingency of original cast members in their roster. Could the producers use the beautiful flashbacks from the earl days to bring the viewrs back to the "good 'ole days."

I know for Search for Tomorrow, Mary Stuart (Jo) was there from the start.

On All My Children, in 1995 there was still very much the presense of original cast members. Of course you had Susan Lucci as Erica, Ruth Warrick as Phoebe, and Mary Fickett and Ray MacDonnell as stalwarts Ruth and Joe (and anyone who knows me knows my undying adoration of Ms. Fickett). We were so lucky at tha time to get very regular cameos by Lawrence Keith as the irrasacable rouge Nick Davis. Of course only months before, we lost our beloved Fra Heflin as Mona. At the family reunion in the Martin abode, original characters Paul Martin, Chuck Tyler, Lincoln Tyler, and Jeff Martin were all present (though played by their much more memorable recasts William Mooney, Richard Van Vleet, Peter White, and Charlie Frank).

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Y&R's had it's 25th anniversary in March 1998, Jill was the only original character (Jess Walton had been on Y&R almost 11 years at that point) and Jeanne Cooper was the longest-running cast member (her 25th anniversary on Y&R was in December 1998).

• Members

ATWT 25th anni April 1981-Only Don McLaughlin (Chris) was still around.He was recurring at that stage.Other original characters still on the show were Bob (played by Don Hastings since 1960) and Ellen (played by Patricia Bruder since 1960).

AW celebrated 25 years in 1989.The original character of Russ Matthews had recently returned played by David Bailey on and off since 73.The longest running cast member was Constance Ford (Ada) since 1967.The character of Rachel also debuted in 67 and Victoria Wyndham had been in the role since 72.

• Members

GL 25th - the 25th anniversary from radio to TV was 1962, and was not celebrated, I assume.

The 25th anniversary for TV was 1977. Charita Bauer, original cast member, was present, and Bill Bauer may have been back around this time, original character played by Ed Bryce since the late 50's.

Archived