SoapNet still sticking around.........

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We have Verizon and it's switching. I checked Cox and it's not doing it yet. Even though i now DVD some episodes of AMC in the middle of the night, i havn't been a fan of soapnet in years.

I remember when i first realized i had Soapnet in early 2002. It was great! I could watch Knots Landing, Sisters, Falcon Crest. then Dynasty and Dallas came on a few years later and that was good too. but then it started getting more current with BH 90210 and the OC. I'm glad Brothers & Sisters is on it but it used to be THE channel for classic soaps. not anymore.

• Members

From the Disney Jr. the Channel website, it looks like you will get the channel if you have one of the following major cable systems:

Bright House, Cablevision, Time Warner, Verizon, and Xfinity (Comcast).

Also, maybe this article will help...it is talking about Pittsburgh though.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/arts-entertainment-living/tuned-in-journal/32238-so-long-soapnet

So long, SOAPnet (or not)

Monday, 19 March 2012 12:58 Written by Rob Owen

emailButton.png

So far Disney-ABC has done an atrocious job of messaging on their launch of Disney Jr., which was expected to replace SOAPnet this Friday.

But not so fast.

Turns out that's not happening everywhere. I only figured this out when I received an email containing SOAPnet's schedule for April, which prompted a "WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?"

So what is happening with SOAPnet? Find out after the jump. ...

Looks like it's choose your own adventure for the Disney Jr.-SOAPnet situation with one of the following taking place depending on the cable sytem:

-- Keep SOAPnet and add Disney Jr. as another channel.

-- Switch SOAPnet to Disney Jr.

-- Keep SOAPnet until the cable company's contract expires and then add Disney Jr. at that time and drop SOAPnet.

Here's what is happening on local systems:

Comcast will switch from SOAPnet to Disney Jr. but not until April 23.

Verizon's FiOSTV will keep SOAPnet and add Disney Jr. on Channel 260 on March 29.

Armstrong cable will likely keep SOAPnet until the end of 2012 and then switch it to Disney Jr.

Among national satellite companies, DirecTV will keep SOAPnet for the foreseeable future and has no plans to add Disney Jr. Two DISH Network publicists did not respond to requests for comment.

For cable customers who will keep SOAPnet, episodes of the late "Veronica Mars" will air beginning April 7.

For those who get Disney Jr., "Doc McStuffins," an animated series for kis ages 2-7, will air at 4 p.m. Friday. The show also will air during the Disney Jr. block on regular Disney Channel at 10 a.m. Friday. The animated series is about a little girl named Doc who talks to stuffed animals -- and they talk back.

• Members

Mine is keeping Soapnet, for now. My cable rep said they are looking to add disney jr as a new chan to the kids prgoramming block. Soapnet is in my block with Lifetime Movie and Bravo, so i guess the womens block, lol.

im happy because they are airing veronica mars and a make it or break it marathon.

• Members

I had soap net with AT&T Uverse and just switched over to Dish Network and still have SoapNet on Dish as well. I wish that they'd revamp the network and start showing old episodes of RH, AW, ATWT, GL, AMC and SB in addtion to some of the primetime sudsers like Dallas, Falcon Crest, Knots and Dynasty again.

Archived