SoapNet still sticking around.........

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/soapnet-sticking-around

Reports of SOAPnet's March demise to make room for Disney, Jr. were premature, it seems. The network, which re-airs GH, Y&R and DAYS, as well as beloved daytime and prime-time shows, isn't fading to black so soon. "We've always viewed the launch of Disney Junior as a transition, not a flip of a switch, and as such SOAPnet will remain available for an undetermined period of time as additional carriage deals for Disney Junior are finalized with distributors," says a spokesperson for the network.

Posted · Report post

Wasn't there a soap guy who was a producer or something who insisted this all along and no one believed him?

Posted · Report post

Anyone who read the original release closely it never said it was a switch on and off and I am sure this news was already reported weeks ago in SID or another publication and was posted in another thread. Disney Jr has yet to finalize all their deals. There is a website run by Disney Jr you can goto to see if your provider is switching over. I have Comcast and lose Soapnet on Friday as Disney Jr. takes over. Direct TV and UVerse as of yet for example do not have new deals in place and will continue to air Soapnet.

Posted · Report post

This is not true in all areas. My cable company said I am losing it in April.

Posted · Report post

It said for Comcast DC Area subscribers is losing it

Great news!

Comcast will offer Disney Junior, the channel in select areas

beginning March 23rd.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Soap Opera Digest has been extremely misleading with these releases, a few weeks ago I posted their news about SoapNet carrying Veronica Mars in April in another thread. Bascially, some cable providers (or distributors) have not finalized deals to carry Disney Jr. so until they do they will continue to carry SoapNet.

Edited by jcar03

Posted · Report post

Will DirecTV continue to offer SoapNet?

Posted · Report post

Looks like SoapNet is staying on for me. YEA!

Hopefully by the time it ends around here all the classic soaps will be on Sept. 2007's episodes. Which, is when I started watching all them *AMC/OLTL/GH* in the first place. So, I will be caught up.

Posted · Report post

According to that site, Chicago will still have it thru RCN but not thru Comcast... glad I have RCN so it'll stick around a lil longer.

Posted · Report post

Time Warner, which I have, is also switching over.

To find out who is keeping Soapnet, and who isn't, click the link below:

Find out if you keep Soapnet or are getting Disney, Jr.!

Boo. TimeWarner is switching over this week, but AT&T U-verse is not. I wonder if I could convince my husband to switch back to U-verse just to keep SoapNet...

Posted · Report post

My DirecTV has it until at least the 30th of this month.

Posted · Report post

I could watch it at my Dad's house. lol.

Posted · Report post

My TimeWarner is switching it this week <_<

I still don't see Disney JR being a success, a 24 hour kids channel is not needed

Posted · Report post

Im sick of hearing about SN.