SoapNet still sticking around.........

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/soapnet-sticking-around

Reports of SOAPnet's March demise to make room for Disney, Jr. were premature, it seems. The network, which re-airs GH, Y&R and DAYS, as well as beloved daytime and prime-time shows, isn't fading to black so soon. "We've always viewed the launch of Disney Junior as a transition, not a flip of a switch, and as such SOAPnet will remain available for an undetermined period of time as additional carriage deals for Disney Junior are finalized with distributors," says a spokesperson for the network.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone who read the original release closely it never said it was a switch on and off and I am sure this news was already reported weeks ago in SID or another publication and was posted in another thread. Disney Jr has yet to finalize all their deals. There is a website run by Disney Jr you can goto to see if your provider is switching over. I have Comcast and lose Soapnet on Friday as Disney Jr. takes over. Direct TV and UVerse as of yet for example do not have new deals in place and will continue to air Soapnet.

• Members

Soap Opera Digest has been extremely misleading with these releases, a few weeks ago I posted their news about SoapNet carrying Veronica Mars in April in another thread. Bascially, some cable providers (or distributors) have not finalized deals to carry Disney Jr. so until they do they will continue to carry SoapNet.

Archived