OWN Cancels The Rosie Show

Jonathan

• Members

The problem is that we are in totally different times dealing with different forms of ownership of corporations and expectations are different. Oprah knows it isn't 1973. As well, you're talking about programs, not a whole network. The financial investment and the duty to shareholders is wildly different.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe this sentiment has been echoed earlier, but despite how big of a disaster OWN has been so far, it is way too early to say this network is dead. Remember that it took MSNBC about eight or nine years before it found success as a left wing version of FOX News. Prior to that, MSNBC tried--and failed miserably--at being a CNN clone. OWN can still be a success, but it will take many years, and it will also take a huge rebranding effort.

• Members

<br> <br>

Eva La Rue was one of Rosie's last guests. They talk about All My Children.

<iframe width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://www.oprah.com/common/omplayer_embed.html?article_id=36936"></iframe><p class='shareTitle'>Eva La Rue Discusses the Demands of Soap Operas</p><p class='shareDescription'>Actress Eva La Rue joined All My Children in one of its heydays. Watch as Eva and Rosie discuss the cancellation of the soap and the high pressure demands of working on a soap opera.</p>

• 1 month later...

Archived