Is Robert Downey Jr spreading insider celeb gossip on blogs?

Cat

• Members

As someone with a passing interest in Hollywood gossip, past and present, I came across this amazing story. I sort of hope it is true, lol. Crazy Days and Nights is a gossip blog with some pretty spot-on gossip.

http://jezebel.com/5...gossip-on-blogs

By Tracie Egan Morrissey

Is a Secret Celebrity Tattletale Actually Robert Downey Jr.?

medium.jpg

A certain anonymous commenter has become internet-infamous in the last few weeks by dropping some incredibly detailed, disturbing and very insidery gossip about Hollywood — regarding incest, pedophilia, and secret call girl rings that allegedly involve young starlets like Hayden Panettiere and Amanda Bynes — in the comments section of a popular blind item blog. Crazier than what he's saying is who many believe is doing the blabbing: Robert Downey Jr.

The blog Crazy Days and Nights, supposedly written by an entertainment lawyer (who goes by the handle "Enty"), has been around for a few years and is known mostly for its blind items and the biannual "reveals" of said blind items that the author rolls out every January 1 and July 4. But two weeks ago, things over there got really juicy.

It all started with a particularly sad blind item:

Many immediately guessed the actress to be Hayden Panettiere. (Her mother had actually pressed charges against her father for battery before filing for divorce last year. Also, Hayden's ex-boyfriend is a boxer, hence, the "punch" wordplay.) The mention of abuse and molestation made this blind item pretty dark, but things got even darker in the comments section when prolific CDAN commenter Himmmm chimed in with some very serious accusations:

And that's just the half of it. The blind item and Himmmm's comments about Diana Jenkin's secret call girl ring got picked up by the celebrity gossip LiveJournal forum Oh No They Didn't, but things got even darker and more accusatory in the comments section of that post that the moderators locked it. Supposedly commenters had taken hints dropped by Himmmm in past posts and began making some allegations about the sexual perversions of actor turned Nickelodeon producer Dan Schneider, and implications that Diana Jenkins' coffee table book Room 23 is actually a catalog of clients and call girls. But the commenters were mostly concerned with figuring out who Himmmm is. Initially, they thought it was a Hollywood insider, producer-type named Talley Griffith (a descendent of D.W. Griffith and Andy Griffith), but Himmmm found out about their guesses, denied it and gave some background info on his commenting account:

Now the general consensus is that Himmmm is Robert Downey Jr., mostly because of things that Himmmm revealed about himmmmself, namely that he was once a mess and nearly destroyed his own Hollywood career but has gotten back on track since getting sober. Additionally, Himmmm will occasionally give a wink to everyone by confirming or denying blind items specifically about RDJ:

In another blind item — this one supposedly about Amanda Bynes — Himmmm revealed a bit more, in an effort to make people feel a little better about Hollywood after all the darkness he'd been spouting:

RDJ has actually worked with most of these people. Here's what we could find just scratching the surface:

David Kelley on (Ally McBeal)

John Hughes (Weird Science)

Natasha Gregson Wagner (Two Girls and a Guy)

Bryan Lourd (RDJ's agent)

Guy Ritchie (Sherlock Holmes)

Tommy Lee Jones (U.S. Marshalls)

Susanna Hoffs (Less Than Zero)

Kevin Kline & Phoebe Cates (Soapdish)

Drew Barrymore (they share an agent)

Steve Martin (Bowfinger)

Rachel McAdams (Sherlock Holmes)

John Favreau (Iron Man)

Molly Ringwald (The Pick-up Artist)

Susan Downey (his wife)

Miranda Cosgrove (they presented at the Kids Choice Awards together in 2010)

Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy)

Richard Lovett (works at RDJ's agency)

Alan Horn (COO of Warner Brothers)

Elton John (RDJ did the video for his 2001 song "I Want Love")

Ron Meyer (president of Universal Studios; in 2011 he was part of the 25th American Cinematheque Award Honoring RDJ)

Mel Gibson (their friendship goes way back; Gibson helped RDJ secure insurance on a film when he was trying to make his comeback and RDJ spent most of his speech at the American Cinematheque Awards to request that people not blacklist Gibson)

Whether this commenter is or isn't RDJ, what we know for sure is that he seems to be on a mission to out pedophiles, which is kind of noble, and gossip about whores, which is kind of bitchy, and we love Himmmm for that.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ONTD, what! GET IT!! Love that blog, been posting there for so long i cant even remeber. so many epic nights. i loved it when we got eachother through Hostage Brituation when Britney went craycray and held her kids in her bathroom. Oh man..

Anyways, about RDJ.. i totally buy it. Without doubt.

• Members

Yeah, I'll bet there were tears at ONTD when Brit Brit get carried in a stretcher into an ambulance.

IA with you that it is RDJ. He's been there, done that and probably snorted it to boot. He's lived many a dark moment in show business and lived to tell the tale. Now that he's on the other side of all that (thank goodness, I love RDJ) and with a baby, he probably doesn't want to hide that BS anymore. So why not let it out all hang out? I heard he was really into Hollywood history already, and he is incredibly witty and social now so I could totally see him picking up this gossip and information and passing it on to CDAN. He's a guy who likes to interact with people and communicate.

Oh, and I totally believe that blind item about Hayden Panatierre and her family (unfortunately). And the not-so blind item about Jennie Garth and Amanda Bynes hating each other. BTW, did you hear about jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli getting a divorce? 90210 sads.

• Members

He does, and two of them -- Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes -- pull in big bucks, relatively speaking. The studios aren't going to kill their golden goose. RDJ has cachet. At a time when a lot of big movie stars just are not pulling in the audience (and $$$) into movie theatres that they used to (Angelina Jolie and to a lesser extent Brad Pitt), the fact that RDJ still does, sort of, means the studios will let this one pass. I mean, it's a blind item about Hayden Panatierre, not an exposé on some big producer's alleged proclivities for underage call girls, *cough*Harvey Weinstein*cough*

• Members

^^ True, and so you have a Heidi Fleiss situation where the George Clooneys of this world quake that she might open up her little black book and reveal his sexual proclivities to the world. OTOH, she is one high-end madam amongst many in H'wood so... she's not going to bring down the system or the people running it behind-the-scenes. Nobody is going to care about some studio exec they never heard off or one of Universals Arab investors, I don't think. JMO. BTW, is it just me, or is Hollywood literally awash with high-class hookers and doctors prescribing drugs they shouldn't to their clients?!

• Members

Exactly Cat, RDJ can say whatever he likes. He can pull in the audiences, there really aren't many 'stars' left who can do that, as you put it, he has cache.

What RDJ also has is money. In the last 3 years he's been paid $42 million dollars. Managed properly, not conservatively or wisely, he has enough money to scream F*CK YOU to all of Hollywood. And I think he's willing to do just that.

I think Hollywood is in a weird time of transition. There are decent people and there are amoral people and they're clashing...the rise of new media, internet and downloading has undermined the amoral people unbelievably because their easy money is drying up. The decent people are the creative people and they always have talent on their side. Hollywood has always been awash with prostitutes, Heidi Fleiss was the most businesslike and protective over her girls, she was, for lack of a better phrase, a decent madame.

The doctor thing is relatively recent in LA it seems. That said, it's something I recognised and a small factor in why I left California.

• Members

I notice that Hayden is often criticized for dressing way too old for her age (not in that photo though) - I wonder if any of that is due to her alleged home situation. I thought she was a very fake child actress but I guess you can say that about any child actor...still, I never thought I was seeing a real person.

Anyway, Diana Jenkins reminds me of someone. Michelle Williams, or Tricia Helfer, or someone else.

• Members

^^ Patrick! Get away from those girls! You can do better, compadre.

ITA, especially with what I bolded in your post. The major networks (ABC, NBC< CBS) are a prime example of that, in that they are no longer major! There is no all-powerful William S. Paley of CBS calling all the shots, nor a Jack Warner and his stable of beauties, nor even a Robert Evans (more's the pity, he nurtured some amazing talent and films when he ran Paramount). Sometimes I wish there were! Today's studio execs are identikit CEOs -- they went from Harvard Business School to running an accountacy to running some supermarket chain to running P&G to running Big Pharma and just cannot conceive that you can't run five businesses the exact same way. Hollywood is about managing talent and when you reduce that talent to a jar of PB&J that you stock at the grocery store, something is going to get lost in translation. The rise of new media, while scary for them, is almost a vindication.

Also, new media has allowed stars with cache, like RDJ, like Clooney, like Pitt and Jolie, to manage their career as they see fit, to write, produce and direct the projects they want to do. Some have become veritable power brokers, like the studio heads of old.

Diana Jenkins is not what I expected to look like. She has something of Ellen Burstyn in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore.

• Members

It's just too bad there are no real stars now. I don't know if that's down to the death of the studio system or just our culture, which is desperate to prove how "normal" stars are, how they are "just like us", yet seems to also focus on the trashiest elements and on faux-glamour. Any real charisma seems to be beaten out, and you just get hollow, smirking shells, like latter-day Clooney.

• Members

Fran Leibowitz put it very succinctly:

What we have had in the last 30 years is too much democracy in the culture and not enough democracy in society. There is no reason to have democracy in the culture. None, because the culture should be made by a natural aristocracy of talent.

Archived