Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

CBS renews 18 shows

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 wingwalker

wingwalker

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Link to Article:

http://tvbythenumber...age-2/#comments

No real surprises, but following have been renewed:

Comedies
Big Bang Theory (In middle of a mulit-year renewal)
How I Met Your Mother (got a two-year renewal last year)
2 Broke Girls
Mike & Molly

Dramas:
NCIS
NCIS: LA
Hawaii Five-0
Criminal Minds
CSI
Person of Interest
The Mentalist
Blue Bloods
The Good Wife

Reality:
Amazing Race
Undercover Boss
Survivor

Newsmags:
60 Minutes
48 Hours

Fate still unknown:
Two & a Half Men (Warner Bros still in talks with Kutcher)
Rob
Rules of Engagement
Unforgettable
CSI: Miami
CSI: New York
A Gifted Man

#2 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,698 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Glad for Criminal Minds..love the show

I am surprised the other two CSI shows have been renewed. Both shows are doing well in their timeslots. Actually CSI Miami is doing better than The Good Wife and that show got renewed.

And I hope a Gifted Man gets renewed...love the show....I am sure picking up season 1 on dvd when it comes out.

#3 wingwalker

wingwalker

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm not surprised by CSI Miami and New York not getting picked up yet. "Doing well" your timeslot often isn't enough for CBS, CBS has higher standards than the other networks, especially since rarely do their new shows outright fail, so they can afford to cut loose shows other networks might keep around longer. CBS has squeezed all the money they can out of the CSI spinoff twins. Good Wife got renewed for two main reasons, it's getting close to the number of episodes needed for syndication, does well among rich households. Also helps that CBS CEO Les Moonves's wife Julie Chen is a fan of the show.

#4 aMLCproduction

aMLCproduction

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

CBS 's shows are getting old. All these CSI shows. But i am very surprised as well that the two other CSI shows arent picked up yet

#5 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,549 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Yay for The Good Wife! I was a bit worried since the show has low demos, even for CBS standards. They hit a 1.7 for their last episode.

#6 MontyB

MontyB

Telling it to you straight up and live!

• Members
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

The Good Wife and Person of Ineterst!! Yay! Posted Image

#7 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 39,988 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

I donht watch anything on CBS except for Big Brother and its not on there.

#8 wingwalker

wingwalker

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Cheap, Big Brother airs during the Summer and CBS already announced it's returning this summer.

#9 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,698 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

The Good Wife and Person of Ineterst!! Yay! Posted Image

Person of Interest is growing on me and apparently on others too...its been getting great numbers as of late...their viewership is increasing.

#10 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,591 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

All the mags have been discussing that the other CSI's might finally cut their losses...

I love Patrick Wilson--mainly from his brilliant stage career (I saw him in the tour of Carousel), and Little Children--but just can't get into A Gifted Man.

#11 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,698 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

All the mags have been discussing that the other CSI's might finally cut their losses...

I love Patrick Wilson--mainly from his brilliant stage career (I saw him in the tour of Carousel), and Little Children--but just can't get into A Gifted Man.

I like the show...it doesnt hurt that they show Patrick Wilson shirtless as often as they can....hehe...but seriously I liked the show from day one.

#12 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Red is Not Here for Your [!@#$%^&*].

• Members
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

The Good Wife and 2 Broke Girls are the two I cared about most, and they got renewed. Thank God.

#13 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 53,878 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Is 2 Broke Girls still full of racism?

#14 JaneAusten

JaneAusten

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Yeah to The good Wife and Person of Interest

I hope they let 2 1/2 men go. I was never really a fan but the show without Charlie Sheen just doesn't work IMO. And not a fan of his either.

#15 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,698 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

The show kind of reminded me of Alice....with just two girls instead of three....but I just hate this show...i dont find it funny one bit. i cant believe the high demos it has....boggles my mind.

#16 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Red is Not Here for Your [!@#$%^&*].

• Members
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Nope. But then, I never thought it was in the first place. Never saw all the hoopla. But in today's age of over-sensitive feelings and a need for EVERYTHING to be PC, I don't pay much attention to what the media labels as "racist". They'll find a problem with anything.

#17 wingwalker

wingwalker

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Nope. But then, I never thought it was in the first place. Never saw all the hoopla. But in today's age of over-sensitive feelings and a need for EVERYTHING to be PC, I don't pay much attention to what the media labels as "racist". They'll find a problem with anything.

I agree. While I don't think the supporting characters are all that well written most of the time, I don't find the show racist.

#18 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 53,878 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

The media loves racism. That's why I was surprised this show got a reaction. When the best the show's creator can do to respond is try to say oh, we're all stereotypes, and to make a weird Irish insult at a reporter, then it must be more than just the typical "PC" stuff.

Edited by CarlD2, 14 March 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#19 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 53,878 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Here's an article on the show.

http://www.grantland...never-asked-for

#20 wingwalker

wingwalker

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

Personally, I think this "racism" the media alleges with this show stems from the fact they never liked the show to begin with and critics don't like it when comedies they hate become popular (especially multi-camera ones on CBS), so to justify their hatred they call the show racist. I think this is largely a made up controversy, most tv sites I visit the comments (which are mostly supportive of the show) don't line up with the media (which mostly blast it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users