Lifetime: Devious Maids

Cheap21

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Im watching but god, I hate this show. Its gotten so stupid and the writing is amateurish and dreadful. I dont get how they do a murder mystery as the main plotline 4 seasons in a row. Marc Cherry is just like Tyler Perry and I hope this gets cancelled. The only saving grace is seeing Susan Lucci on tv as she truly makes this show

• Members

Agreed. It's just silly now, and not in a fun way. Watching Susan Lucci and other delicious campy supporting characters like Evelyn are what save this show. But the pacing is atrocious, the writing is too cartoonish, and most of the main women are kind of unlikable/annoying. It's been a chore to watch this season, and I'm still 4 episodes behind! 

• Members

So true. I cant stand the main women and that extends beyond simply Rosie. Used to like Zoila but her current story has ruined her. She masquerading as mistress of the house she is supposed to be cleaning was just dumb. She came across entitled and her new romance sucks. She's with a manboy which is a step below her past men. Having Marisol in the middle of a love triangle has made her look selfish and unlikeable. There is no rooting value for her. The only one that seems to be fine is Carmen bc she is at least consistent. I think adding her daughter has actually helped humanize her in a way.

Please register in order to view this content

Rosie's storyline? I hate it and this whole cult thing. And how stupid is it for her to visit Spence in prison with their two kids? Cupake parties and free time outside on the prison yard with the other inmates.....WTF?!? They act like he is in some small jail for tax evasion when he is in prison for murder with the other killers and rapists

• Members

I know but he's just great eye candy and I hadn't seen him on TV in the longest time.  He looks even better than during his Passions days. The guy is over 40 and looks just :wub:

As for Susan Lucci….she looks like she's playing Erica Kane…proves to me that i was right…she can't act. She was horrible back when in 91 on Dallas too.

• Members

and they just gave her a similar story from AMC with her

With that said, I dont see her playing Erica. Genievieve is ditzy and dense, which isnt what Id describe Erica as. Gen is more comedic whereas Erica was devious (no pun intended). She was alot smarter, cunning and not one to be messed with. Gen genuinely has a good heart; despite being a bit self absorbed, always means well. Erica was a bitch and when she hurt you, it was intentional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived