Lifetime: Devious Maids

Cheap21

• Members

They could be better but I think the show will be renewed. What other scripted fare does Lifetime have these days besides Drop Dead Diva? I know they have that show about witches, but I don't about anything else.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm one of those who watched it on TV last year and live-tweeted with the cast as the show aired. I don't have cable anymore - couldn't justify the cost compared to hulu/netflix - so now I watch it on Monday night via hulu. I have no clue if I count toward the ratings anymore, but I'm guessing probably not. :(

I hope it's renewed again, but honestly, I'm watching at this point for Genevieve, Evelyn and Adrian. If Marc Cherry ditches those characters as the series moves on, I'm probably done with it. I'm not super invested in any of the maids.

• Members

Genevieve's role has been more pronounced this year, so I suspect if it gets renewed, and unless Lucci wants out, that will continue.

I've actually enjoyed all of the characters a lot more this year, though the Rebecca based mystery is less intriguing than last year's (and partly because it's focused less) and the stalker kid seems stolen from one of the worst Desperate Housewives stories...

• Members

I had to skip the scenes with that decrepit thing. I dont care about that story at all.

I'm so here for Carmen and Spencer.I know Rosie's hypocritical ass is going to seethe!

I enjoy Valentina this season. She was slightly annoying last year acting like Teresa Lopez Fitzgerald

• Members

LMAO at Carmon about to walk off with Rosie's necklace

I don't want Zoila to take her husband back. I prefer for her to stay with her upgrade

No, Gen sad.png

I posted this in my status update but incase you didn't see it, here is Lucci wishing Wendy a Happy 50th

I will forever be grateful to Reggie if he has Rosie departed. Ugh to Carmon calling her for Spence. I wish Carmon had moved in on him

tumblr_n80l4ljk2X1tqwpr2o2_r1_250.gif

Remi and Valentina were so good

Wow at that ending. It was a bit foolish of Marisol to leave the gun on the counter and turn her back to Opal

• Members

I got behind a couple of episodes and finally caught up through last night. Where to start?

I really love Carmen and Spence, and I was hoping they'd sleep together. I thought it was great that she recognized he had a problem and insisted he get help, but I stil prefer them together to him and Rosie. I thought it was kind of low for Rosie to ask her child's permission to possibly screw over their chances of staying in the US. I mean, I know it was done to make Rosie look saintly, but a child that age, particularly an only child or a first-born - is apt to be an adult-pleaser and will say yes because he believes that's what mom wants to hear. I thought it was awful of Rosie to basically crap all over Carmen's dreams. At Carmen's age, she knows fame is a long-shot, and she knows she doesn't want kids. Not everyone waxes poetic about motherhood, and Rosie needed to STFU.

I loved Genevieve's exchanges with her mother and with Zoila about her mother. I though SL did a great job with those scenes, and it gave Genevieve a depth she didn't have before. I'm not a huge fan of the kidney story, but it will be interesting to see how Zoila reacts to the news about the match. I think Zoila should stay with Javier as well, rather than go back to Pablo, but she'll no doubt be moved by this gesture Pablo appears to be making.

The tango scenes with Evelyn and Adrian while Tony was attacked were really amazing. I adore Adrian and Evelyn, and I wasn't at all surprised by what Adrian did to Tony. This is the same man who murdered a friend/acquaintance out of a desire for revenge. But at this point, I assume Adrian doesn't know Tony was working with someone, and I have a feeling that's going to come back to bite Adrian and Evelyn both. I loved though that Adrian didn't want Tony to hurt Evelyn's self-esteem. To me, that gesture spoke volumes about how he feels about her.

I assume we won't see much of Nick Deering after this season. It appears whoever guessed that he killed Evelyn and Adrian's child is correct. Given what they did to Philippe, I can't see them being satisfied with legal justice in this case. I was really surprised Opal shot herself. The way Ethan just blurted out that Opal pushed Dahlia off a bridge really surprised me, but I thought it worked in the scene.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode!

• Members

that was the newspaper article that Marisol read? They flashed by it too quickly?

Hosie just broke up with her bf last week. She's only seen Spence in like 3 or 4 episodes this season and now Slut Bucket and he are having a wedding next? They didnt even reunite in this episode. WTF? I really wish they had done he with Carmen instead and let that be how their story ended this season with the friendship over next

Ugh to Zoila sleeping with her husband. Her upgrade is better but I bet she just ruined that relationship

Carmen was hilarious taking that baby with her to the audition and looking at him as the devil. Poor baby....lol

Gen trying to act like she and the Powells were close friends was funny

• Members

The finale was disappointing though I did like the cliffhanger with Zola being pregnant and crazy kid shooting up the wedding.

I just freaking love Carmen and the actress that plays her :wub: Her storyline of sleeping with the husband of the woman who could put her on is hilarious and I cant wait to see it.

Any word on Season 3 yet? I hope they passed 2 million viewers for the finale.

• Members

Slut Bucket ordering Carmen around....ugh! And then firing her? Oh hell no! She marrying Spence this quick doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me

Im guessing Ernesto Falta is her husband? Criminal cartel, back from the dead husbands, old ass Zoila pregnant with a WTD storyline....too many soap clichés in this finale. Not a good setup for season 3.

Love Javier and hate that Zoila broke his heart by going back to Pablo. Love that she saw the error in her ways. Pablo is a jerk for refusing his kidney to Gen

I liked Nick so not liking how this is the end of him. The Powell's got some closure. I really enjoy their marriage

This kid trying to aim at Valentina in a crowd of people while driving was incredibly stupid of him. I hope he killed Rosie

Archived