RIP Davy Jones of the Monkees

alphanguy74

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's nothing to be ashamed of. People laugh at the Bradys but there is no denying how deeply ensconced they are in pop culture. This is how the Chicago Sun Times led their Davy Jones articke:

And the NY Times, as sober a newspaper as ever there was one wrote in their obit:

And the Washington Post's blog has the article "When Davy Jones Met Marcia Brady" :

It does seem like Davy and Marcia foretold the story of Justin Timberlake and the marine who wanted a date.

I think it is nice that Davy was not forgotten and his death was noted and noticed, but I guess that is because all baby boomers know who he was and remember him, his tv show and their theme, and Marcia.

• Members

I remember listening to a Monkees record in my neighbor friend's house (♫My steppin' stone!♫) when my somber-faced sister came to the door to take me home. My father then told me that my grandmother had died.

Meanwhile, doesn't Micky Dolenz favor David Canary?

• Members

Qfan... he's also remembered alot because they had a huge second generation following in the 80's, when I was in high school. As Micky says in the Piers interview, their 20th anniversary tour in 1986 was the biggest grossing tour of that year, and in August of 1986, they set a billboard chart record by having SEVEN albums on the Billboard top 200 album chart simultaneously.

Archived