February 13-17, 2012

Toups

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really hope Days go up Give these Days Bashers something even more to talk about. DAYS HAS BEEN KICK ASS!!!!!!

A few weeks ago some one said in here that Days is rehashing old stories. Really? This is THE FIRST TIME EVER DAYS has told a gay story. A twink getting roughed up in the alley way! I thought I would never see this day on a show coming from Ken Corday when he used to gay bash in the 90's

MarDar are on fire. I love every inch of the show.

Setting the bar. Lets see waht happens this week

• Members

IMHO the problem is that Will's story is only story that isn't a total rehash on Days, and even that has been tarnished with MarDar trying to compare Will walking in on Sami and EJ with Sami catching Marlena with John (totally different situations IMO). Sadly Chandler's performance has been the only bright spot on Days as far I'm concerned. Will it be enough to bring up the ratings? Maybe. People might also have tuned in to see Sami's long drawn out demise finally happen, its like watching a train wreck.

• Members

The history is done in a way which either manages to confuse/bore old and new fans (Alice's secret) or is mostly just fanservice, not a storyline (Will raging at Sami). Outside of fans who hate Sami, I'm not sure of the appeal of Will since MarDar took over, and I think it made his characterization a mess. I still don't see the point of recreating the whole John/Marlena incident when no one involved is the same and when the only story fallout was Will/Sami playing out the same scene 20 times and this rushed anticlimax with Rafe finding out the truth.

• Members

Notice that I said Chandler's performance and not the turn in Will's character. Personally, I took Days off my DVR the day that they had Sami do the deed with EJ again during November sweeps, and I think a lot of other viewers eventually did the same. However, I think many will be compelled to see the end results now that its all coming out.

• Members

Oh I'm not disagreeing. I do think Chandler's performance gets attention. I just think it also suffered from the change in the story.

Hopefully this story is done now, because I think the best thing for Sami, Will, EJ, everyone, is to move on from lazy history namechecks.

• Members

I agree with you! Days has been really good and has been written actually very well, better than it has been written for years. I don't think DAYS is rehashing any old storylines. What I do see them doing is making things more relevant and really tieing up loose ends and reaffirming old wounds. For example, Carrie and Sami! The rivalry between these two sisters contrary to everyone else's belief has never really been resolved. In all honesty, it never will be. Yes in the past years when Carrie was off canvas and she swung through Salem for a couple days visiting, the sisters were very civil to each other and got along for the most part. But that was only for a few days and the storyline was not about Sami and Carrie's issues with each other, it was about Sami's wedding, or Alice's funeral. So naturally her return to the canvas does bring up their rivalry again because it was never settled or resolved. The difference now is Sami is not scheming to take Austin away with all of her machinations in the past. Carrie is not scheming to take Rafe or anything of that nature. They will always have sibling rivalry and that's natural. Doesn't bother me! I like this version of their rivalry now because they are mature and older.

The whole Alamania storyline with Hope and John is not rehashing a old storyline. It's adding an entire new complexity to it that probably should have been there along time ago. John and Hope still being married and not knowing is a shock to me because when Hope was Gina and John was the pawn, we knew they had a past together, but didn't know they were married. We only knew they were lovers. Stefano kept this secret from them and yes, Alice may have been apart of that secret as well. But I can't help but think there is more this story and everyone needs to wait and see.

I love what MarDar as everyone seems to be calling them has done. THEY have given the characters heart again, confliction of their actions, character! For so many years, characters on Days and as well as other soaps have been written out of character and so shallow! The writers here have given characters dimensions and flaws letting you know that everyone has flaws and makes mistakes, sometimes not learning from them until the consequence of their actions are revealed. I think it's refreshing. To me if more soaps would have really gone back to the way soaps and characters were originally written and need to be written, then they would possibly still be on today instead of being left with just the 4 I'm so grateful to still have on air!

The problem for so many years and probably the last decade or part is writers begin to write for just flash, gimmick, plot, and shock value to get a jolt in ratings and were successful nonetheless, but look at the state of the soap after it. Little was added or developed into anything new or longterm to help carry the characters on or the show. It achieved the ultimate goal and that was a bump or rise in the ratings. I'm not saying these type of stunts were bad, I'm saying that it didnt continue to drive story for the characters involved or affect other characters on the show.

In all honesty, I could talk about this all day and everyday! Guess you know how passionate I am in regards to my soaps. But I'll say this...it's disheartening to always hear or read negative thoughts or calling characters and the people who portray them names because one is dissatisfied with the show. Let me be CLEAR, I'm not saying you can't dislike something that you see or how a storyline is turning out or even express opinions, but it's a whole lot better when we as fans discuss ideas or think of something that could have been added to a storyline to make it better. I love it when we all put our creative thoughts and ideas together to improve upon something. It just reveals how passionate we are about the genre. Love you all!

• Members

For some reason Days refuses to deal with the fact that whats killing the show is that the current writing makes no sense. They can bring back as many beloved characters as they want, but until the writing begins to actually reflect the real essence of who the characrers are and not just shock value ratings stunts, the show will continue to sink.

• Members

the writers are stupid get someone that knows how to write...and come on stop spending money on actors when the sets need addressed are we to believe that you can actually play beer pong in your city square outdoors drinking games by underage people? im going to try lol

• Members

GH seems to be holding up fine in the season to date average.

Next week will probably be huge year to year losses bc that was the week of Sonny and Brenda wedding.

Hopefully the buzz around Robin's death and the upcoming returnees boost the numbers.

Archived