All My Children

AllMyDaysatGH

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AllmyDaysatGH, I really commend you for starting these AMC & OLTL threads in the cancelled soaps section. I apologize if this offends anyone, but it was beyond ridiculous that both soaps lingered for so long in the active soap forum. With all due respect to some other folks out there, people weren't serving themselves well if they refused to recognize the sad but brutal truth: both soaps are dead, and Prospect Park will never do anything to save them.

• Members

It just seems kind of silly to me. The threads all existing together just helped add to a sense of community. It's not like people were flooding the DAYS thread saying that Erica Kane kicks Marlena's ass and why is this on the air when their show is gone, etc.

I'm happy with the cancelled section because this is where I enjoy the most anyway (and you probably wouldn't find anywhere online with so much discussion of Search for Tomorrow, Loving, etc.), but since the thread being where it was was a comfort to many, I feel for them.

• Members

I apologize if this offends anyone--and I have no idea how true this is--but I always suspected that part of the reason why the Nixon soaps weren't previously moved to this section was because Prospect Park still has one year from each soap's ending date before the company can no longer do anything with them. (Thus, one can still claim there is a .0001% chance that these soaps could return.) I'm guessing that AMC's & OLTL's status as the most popular soaps at SON was the other reason why there was a reluctance to move them into the cancelled soaps section.

However, I certainly don't mean to imply that the vast majority of posters here have lost touch with reality. Just about everybody here as accepted the fact that AMC & OLTL are dead; the same cannot be said about people who are active elsewhere on the internet (such as certain Facebook posters).

• Members

I would like to see MEK get a new soap role. On a superficial note, when did his hair turn from dark to grey? This must have happened very recently, because he still has dark hair in the 2007 AMC episodes currently being rerun. I wonder if he was dying his hair dark (and then just stopped doing that), much like Bob Barker did in the few years prior to his grey hair debuting in October 1987.

• Members

AMC definitely had a longer death then OLTL. There was also a general conclusion to AMC all things considered which is something that did not exist for OLTL add in the fact that there are still fragments to OLTL on GH now and I think that's normal.

• Members

Eh, I never could get into OLTL. I'm happy for their fans that some of their characters moved to GH, but after watching Starr's car go over a cliff, I'm kind of glad none of AMC's cast has ended up on GH. ohmy.png I naively thought that Starr might show up and we'd hear a reason for her being there. I didn't realize we'd watch her loved ones die in a fiery inferno.

I know a lot of AMC fans would love to see David Hayward on GH, but I don't particularly want to watch Cara or Marissa die either so there's a reason for him to stick around.

Archived