One Life to Live

AllMyDaysatGH

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They should move the tribute threads and make it the classic OLTL/AMC threads. But anyways, I bought some classic 80s DVDs which mostly seems to be edits. It has lots of stuff with Tina and Cord searching for their baby and then Tina posing as a nun. Also the beginnings of the 1888 story with Clint blind in Arizona arguing with Viki and then it briefly includes some of that storyline as well. The last two discs I've been watching have jumped to the Eterna story which is much more interesting than I expected. I love the sets and it's a nice change of pace from what I'm used to seeing for Viki. My biggest complaint is that the teenage Viki/Roger flashbacks look set in the 80s instead of the 50s.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

There seems to be an incorrect perception that I hate OLTL, when in fact I only hate what Cartini did to this show. If one views clips or episodes of this soap from the 80s or 90s, it is obvious how great this show once was.

I was very disappointed that so few wonderful characters from OLTL returned during the last few months. (Even the fact that the PP deal was still in the works doesn't excuse this, since AMC did a much better job on this front.) I would have loved to have seen a return of Larry Wolek or Carlo Hesser. I also wish that Alex Olanov was given far more scenes than she had (though Tonja Walker-Davidson shined during the few moments of screentime that she got). Honestly, I seldom saw an appreciation of OLTL's rich history on the part of Cartini.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

He hadn't been a part of the show in years and his return made even less sense (claiming he wanted to hurt Todd, then killing and harming people who meant absolutely nothing to Todd). It felt like pulling a name out of the air. The only explanation "Cartini" ever gave was that they needed to show people that Todd was not the only rapist.

• Members

That may be true but he didnt instantly make Powell a psycho. His very last story on the show before his return was being sent away to a mental institution bc he had gone psychotic and completely lost his mind. RC didnt create that. He ran with it. Its not like he brought on Powell sane and luci and then boom all of a sudden he went insane

Archived