AMC: Joanna Cohen blogs the show & its cancellation

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for posting this ! Love this kind of stuff.

I remember being very impressed by Cohen's early scripts as well, which happened to be during one of the lowest points in AMC's history (summer of '06 shaky cam/"film look" starting, ConFusion opening, Josh and Babe stranded on an island together...). She included a lot of historical references without it seeming forced AND at a time when the show seemed to want to make a clean break with its history.

laugh.png

I remember a few of us were pretty disappointed with the quality of her first script back (which I think was Jesse confronting Papel, who had kidnapped Colby and Frankie, at an airplane hangar). But, given the pressure she was under, it makes sense now.

• Members

I am almost certain Beall was known more for her Kenlee and general Kendell love, then she was for her reported Babe preference. Some of her biggest writing contributions came in the form of Kendell and Greenlee's biggest moments. Beall loved that entire triangle Ryan, Greenlee and Kendell. Chip Hayes was probably the biggest "Havins/Babe lover" he was the originator of Josh's infamous line about her being a walking miracle.

Marla always brought out the deeper and more vulnerable sides to AMC's characters, which is why I loved her.

Archived