January 30 - February 3, 2012

Toups

• Members

Yup. GH was ranking higher then both AMC/OLTL prior to the month of March I believe. When the announcement was made, OLTL just skyrocketed. But the one question that gets me mad is WHERE WERE THE FANS PRIOR??!

But DAYS honestly should have been done years ago. Pathetic. Just pathetic.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guiding Light was canceled with a .9 and 620,000 women 18-49, with no lead in at 10:00 am in the morning throughout a lot of the country, and not even airing in 2 cities in the top 20 TV markets. What are GH's and DAYS' excuses when it comes to that? As far as The Chew or The Spew goes, I can guarantee ABC sees this as a rousing success - barely behind The Squawlk which has a year and a half ahead to build ratings. They'll just say that The Revulsion was a bad decision itself and try retooling before they cancel. What's funny is that although it may be cheap to produce - Tim Gunn and Ty Pennington ain't cheap - each probably makes the salary of several daytimers - at a minimum. And they're paying people to come watch them. But 1 show's awful ratings does not mean GH or DAYS is safe. Either network could trot out a gameshow with no preparation and come close to the numbers these two soaps are getting.

• Members

+1

I agree with you, Kryptonite, I wouldn't be surprised if some markets pull a Port Charles and bump the Revolution to late night, before May sweeps comes around.

If that happens there is no network time slot for GH to slide into in 2013 because The Chew is performing nearly at AMC's numbers and at a fraction of the cost. Unless ABC decides to syndicate GH which they refused to do for AMC and OLTL.

Archived