The Madonna Thread

YRBB

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wish the voices didn't have to sound so overprocessed today, but the song is catchy as it goes along. I enjoy all the self-parody elements (and all that with the breast feeding, which was probably done just to get some tongues clucking). The best part is when they're in the white dresses and I'm Breathless hair.

• Members

I actually think, while this may not compare to some of her earlier work, that this could be a great single for her to come back with. Nothing can be worse than the Hard Candy album. At least this seems like it'll put her back on the charts again. And it's addictive.

I have to listen to MIA's new song, I've heard the best.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I dont know what it is about Madonna but I have hated all of her recent releases and this one included. What an awful song. I think the last song of hers I liked was Ray of Light. Her music has gone downhill. As a big fan of hers in the 80's, 90's and part of 2000's she is sorely disappointing me.

• Members

Well, she doesn't have a great voice, and her songs now tend to be these overproduced computer generated sounding garbage forgettable songs. I imagine her setlist this weekend will be mostly stuff from the 90s and earlier.

I don't think the vocals on that cheerleader song even sound human, let alone sound like Madonna.

• Members

I remember hearing 4 Minutes on the radio when it was released about 4 years ago and it sounded like they edited her voice to replicate a 12 year old girls. The last album I liked from her was Confessions on A Dancefloor. It just seems to me like she is trying to prolong her relevancy by using cheap features to get on the airwaves and stay "hip". That being said I just read online that her new album is #1 in 35 countries according to pre-order sales, so I guess something is working for her.

• Members

It's a shame that she's getting this huge showcase and it's for this lackluster single. I think the song is very cute and passable and radio will eat it up, but for Madonna it seems a bit forgettable. I wish it was something more like Hung Up, or even from Candy Shop you had Give It To Me which was fantastic.