Relaciones Peligrosa

dc11786

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's good you like it since they play it a million times an episode. I do enjoy it, too.

The stuff with Ale / Nora / Sebas is all really well done. With the show so overdone, I found Nora / Ale's talk at the end of the episode on Friday rather refreshing. No, I don't think we would see something like this on a daytime soap, but it's part of the reason daytime is dying while telenovelas are a growing trend. They still tell stories, while dealing with modern issues. I found the teachers' meeting about racism a bit heavy handed, but I like that this is a subject being discussed.

Cassius is an interesting addition, but I don't like how Max has become a jerk. In the first few episodes, he seemed like a decent guy, but slowly he has become such a prick. I was shocked by all the racial comments regarding Cassius, but Gonzalo and Max delve into cartoon territory at times with the bathroom stunts. I suspect the Cassius / Sofia / Max storyline will play out for some time. Cassius seems to be an Othello reference.

I haven't watched many modern novelas. I'm continually shocked by things. Gonzalo preparing to masterbate only to have visions of the principal. My jaw dropped.

I like how things happen. I do worry about the eventual stalling novelas engage in, but, for now, things seem to be moving. I like how we know who is behind the mysterious notes, but we still don't know the whole story. I like J.P. / Daniel. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

The scenes with Ricardo / Teresa were nice, but I was shocked how long ago they had been married. I hope we meet Olga, Ricardo's wife and Eli's mother.

Yesenia is awesome. I love her relationship with Mauricio. I would love to see them together in the end as she such a lively character.

I like Patty, but I find the comic hijinks to be a bit annoying at times. I hate that she has to be comic relief because she is an intellectual. I do like her relationship with Santiago and think they have some real issues to deal with. I cannot imagine Patty staying with him if he has been hiding a drug problem. I wonder when his ex-wife will show up. I thought I saw her in the previews for Friday's episode, but we only saw Santiago at the meeting.

BTW, can we please get a scene with Teresa reprimanding JP for missing all the meetings.

I don't think Violet is fat, but I do want the character to cause some drama for Ana. I enjoy loving to hate Ana. Still curious to see where all this is going with Gilberto and Ana.

Looking forward to Monday's episode.

• Members

I'm also shocked. I haven't watched many novelas. For the most part, the novelas I've seen have been from years ago, or I've watched them with the closed captions on trying to translate the situations for myself. I am surprised by the subjects being tackled. Could you imagine a current daytime soap having characters like Gonzalo and Max making racist comments? I will admit Friday's prostetic arm mid show cliffhanger seemed to broach JER territory.

I think Sebastian was single when the show started. There was no reference to a love interest, but since exes seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately I wouldn't be surprised if suddenly Sebastian has a vengeful ex.

I'm thinking they'll continue to play the Sebastian / Nora / Ale situation for some time with the circumstances revolving around Rodrigo's death rearing their ugly head. I'm still not sure how this all is going to play out, but I keep thinking Diego, the football player who is giving Ale a hard time, will ultimately become a bigger part of the storyline.

At times, I'm worried because I feel like things might be lost in translation from the Spanish original to the Telemundo remake. The issues are very modern and very real, but some of the framing is completely Mexican-American. I hate how Patty is presented at times as sort of an 'Ugly Betty' clone. I do like how the Mau / Miranda storyline doesn't dominate to the point of excess, but clearly it is the main story. I'm still rooting for Mau / Yesenia.

• Members

The Nora / Ale / Sebastian scenes were excellent. Sebastian's stance on sexuality was great. Ale's reaction was realistic, and I like how they didn't make a big deal about his hidden erection. I like Nora and Sebastian together, but I can see how it is too soon. I'm curious to see where this story is going.

Gonzalo is a jerk to steal from Yesenia. I like her brother, but had to laugh when the closed captions said Yesenia wanted to introduce her brother to a nice boyfriend. I'm curious what Yesenia did that her brother went to jail for.

The stuff with Daniel and his former father-in-law was nice. I'm glad they didn't drag all of this out for weeks on end. It's nice they are moving the story along.

I can't believe Mau is considering showing the naked photo of Miranda in order to get the money. Leo Maximo is one of my least favorite characters, and I really liked him at first. I'm curious to see how Sofia / Cassius plays out.

The flowers Miranda received was a fun step in the story. I like how it was Diego as a part of the bet, but I'm not thrilled with the bet storyline. This reminds me of a bad plot on "Guiding Light" where Ben tried to steal Marah's viriginity.

Tonight's episode should be good.

• Members

I thought Sebastian and Alex were going to kiss..bummer they didnt...lol

I dont care for the betting story part either....why would Mauricio even consider selling out Miranda??

Diego..hmmm...wondering when his story will turn...I like him better with Sebastian and Alex instead of thie betting mess.

• Members

There are billboards for this show everywhere around the area I live in CA so it got me curious. I checked out the first episode and also yesterdays. I love the cinematography and overall production values of the show. The car crash sequence at the beginning of the show was so well done. I also love that it revolves around teens/young adults & it's actually GOOD drama w/them.

Can't say I really know what's really all going on thought yet, LOL. Apparently, Telemundo provides English subtitles on the "CC3" closed caption setting, but when I set it to that I don't see anything. I tried the "CC2" setting though & they have English subtitles, but they go SO freaking fast & sometimes the wording is all jumbled sad.png Meanwhile, the "CC1" setting (which is in Spanish) goes by swiftly...LOL.

But I still have it on my DVR. It's an interesting show and I think I'll catch on...

Archived