Relaciones Peligrosa

dc11786

• Members

Is anyone else following this novela? Telemundo airs it nightly with English language subtitles. I’ve seen clips online of the origin soap, ‘Chemical or Physical,’ so I was interested in seeing how this adaption turned out.

After watching soaps fail to produce plot over the past decade or so, it was nice to see a show know how to engage the audience with an actual storyline rather than random plot points strung together. Because it’s a youth soap, there doesn’t seem to be a single storyline that dominates most of the plot. I’m still not convinced Mauricio / Miranda are the couple we are suppose to be rooting for, which is rather impressive. On the otherhand, maybe I’m just not as up-to-date on the inner workings of a novella. I’m still hoping that J.P. / Miranda have a shot at an actual romance.

I like how I’m emotionally involved in the story. I won’t to see what happens when Sebastian learns the truth about Rodrigo’s suicide. I want to see novice educator Patty gain control of her classroom and deal with Gonzalo and Leo’s antics. I want to know what J.P.’s secret is and who is stalking him. I do miss the absence of a mother figure and a traditional villainess (though the red headed teacher may fill that void if she ever does anything but smirk and snark).

I also like how complicated everything is. Mauricio saved Miranda from being raped by Oliver only for Mauricio to lie about his age and bed Miranda. The first day of school rolls around and Miranda learns Mauricio is a student in her senior literature course. Miranda realizes Oliver, another one of her students, is the attempted rapist, but when Miranda / Mauricio threaten to press charges Oliver threatens to reveal the truth about Miranda / Mauricio. To an extent, I feel sorry for Miranda; Mauricio lied and misled her. If Miranda knew the truth, I don’t think she would have slept with him. On the otherhand, maybe she shouldn’t have jumped into bed with him. The more I think about the situation the more I realize I would feel differently if Mauricio was older. Also, I’m not completely sure that Miranda / Mauricio’s physical relationship wouldn’t have developed into an emotional one due to their shared interests.

The other major story revolves around the death of Rodrigo Aragon, a student at the school where Miranda teaches and Mauricio is a student. Rodrigo attends a party with his pal Oswaldo and ends up doing drugs with Oswaldo and Gonzalo, a hood who has been supplying drugs. Anyway, the three boys end up taking pills and blacking out the next few hours. As the novela opens, Oswaldo and Rodrigo are in a car fighting and Oswaldo smacks Rodrigo causing him to lose control of the vehicle. Rodrigo flees and Oswaldo later dies. A guilt ridden Rodrigo ends up mixing drugs and alcohol and sits on the railing of his mother’s high rise apartment. As Sebastian, his older brother, watches in horror, Rodrigo throws himself off the balcony several stories to his death. In the ensuing episodes, Sebastian has been determined to learn what drove Rodrigo to do what he did.

Besides the car accident, Rodrigo, Oswaldo, and Gonzalo did something the night of the accident that Gonzalo cannot remember. He knows the truth is on Rodrigo’s phone and convinces Leo, a preppy hacker, to conceal the truth from Sebastian. The insinuation is Oswaldo, Gonzalo, and Rodrigo had a drug induced threesome which led to the events of the car accident. While I’m not thrilled with the whole gay / suicide angle, the show balances it out with Mauricio’s mother’s acceptance of Mauricio when he says ‘law and the society will not accept my love.’ Mauricio’s mother informs him it is fine if he is gay unaware he pines for his teacher who is a decade older than him.

Hopefully, some others are watching.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think they've revealled who is gay yet. There is an implication Gonzalo, Oswaldo, and Rodrigo engaged in a sexual situation after taking drugs. Gonzalo, the only one who is still alive, has a hickey he cannot remember and the audio to the all important video on Rodrigo's phone revealed Gonzalo told Rodrigo and Oswaldo to kiss. Gonzalo was mortified by the video and ended up smoking marijuana to cope. I'm suprised by the drug use on the show. I think it's rather realistic, but something few network shows would really want to deal with.

Whether or not Gonzalo is gay or if this was a one-time thing hasn't been revealled.

Also tied into this story is Alexander, a member of the younger sets social circle. He is hanging around Sebastian, Rodrigo's brother, a lot and informed Sebastian that Gonzalo was the one who gave Rodrigo the drugs. Gonzalo put Alex in the toilet for his blabbing, which I thought was such a stupid decision. I've never known anyone to actually have had their head put in a toilet. Anyway, Alex seems a bit envious when Sebastian / Nora hang out together. Nora is Rodrigo's girlfriend who is absolutely devastated by Rodrigo's death. I think Alex's promo on says he is hiding the fact he is gay.

There was also a rather bizarre scene where Miranda imagined all the teens playing a kisisng game with an ice cube. I believe Eli (Mauricio's girlfirend) ended up sharing the ice cube with Sofia (Maurico's sister, which would put another spin on their mother's comments in the second episode). I don't know if this will lead to anything. Alex ended up sharing the cube/kissing Leo, who is Sofia's boyfriend and the one sharing Gonzalo's secret. The scene ended with Miranda kissing a blindfolded Rodrigo, who was allready dead at this point in the story.

• Members

Ok so was Alexander the one in the showers checking out all the other guys naked?? They sure like to show some skin....I wonder if they have the guys shave. I still need to figure out which one is Gonzalo. I have heard him mentioned but have paid attention. I was watching it tonight the last part of it but it was rather slow tonight.

• Members

I think this is Gabriel Coronel's first novela. He may even be credited as "Introducing Gabriel Coronel" in the opening; I can't remember.

I love how the series moves. Oliver's hostage situation worked. While I liked Oliver blackmailing Miranda, it was quickly becoming old even if it was basically all in one episode. I suspect Oliver will rear his ugly head again soon.

The Yezenia/Alex scenes were nice. Yezenia was very honest, while Alex is still a bit tormented. I thought I was wrong about Alex / Sebastian, but the shower scenes basically confirmed it. I think Yezenia's philosphy is very modern, and I like the approach the show takes in general. I thought the scenes between Miranda and her mother were excellent; they weren't as heavy handed as Patty's Mary Kay LaTourneau lecture. It was nice to see though.

J.P,'s mystery is interesting. Santiago's past seems to include drugs, which I think it should provide good conflict for any future relationships. I love Ana, the red headed teacher. I wonder what's going to happen with her husband since their marriage doesn't seem too solid. I really like the staff of the high school. The Eli / Teresa connection was interesting. I'm curious to see how that plays out. I like Teresa, but I'm not too fond of Eli yet. She's a bit of a pampered princess.

• Members

Yes, Alex was staring at the guys in the shower, particularly Sebastian, the brother of Rodrigo. Yezenia wondered if Alex was in love with Rodrigo.

Gonzalo is the one with the faux hawk. His sister took the drugs which led to those lengthy scenes between the mother and the son about the son admitting he started to take drugs because it numbed the pain he felt because his mother had left him. They were a bit melodramtic, but I thought they were powerful. Later, Gonzalo ended up locked in the closet when the principal walked in on him about to have sex with Eli, Mauricio's ex girlfriend.

• Members

What did it cofirm to you?? That Sabastian is gay?? Like I said I have been watching but really been skipping around. I need to pay more attention to the other stories and not just one.

Oh ok..thanks...I did see all that and remember it. Who was the guy withe Gonzalo in the car...the guy driving the car...the one that told him not to leave the drugs in his car.

• Members

It confirmed Alex liked Sebastian. In an early episode, Alex was hanging out with Sebastian and Nora, the girlfirend of the dead boy, Rodrigo, who is also Sebastian's brother and Alex's best friend. Alex got upset when Nora and Sebastian were close and talking about Rodrigo. When Yezenia questioned Alex about loving Rodrigo, I wondered if Alex didn't care for Sebastian, but I think it's fairly obvious he has feelings for Sebastian.

I'm not really sure where all this is going. It would make dramatic sense if Gonzalo and Alex got together because of Gonzalo's involvement in Rodrigo's death. The arrival of new tormentor, Diego, the kid who dropped his towel in front of Alex, makes me question if they won't play that angle.

Was this tonight? I didn't watch yet. I suspect it was Leo Maximo. He's a DJ/computer hacker and Gonzalo's confidante.

• Members

So Sebastian talks to Alex about his penis ..lol......ha.....why do I get the feeling that Sebastian is going to be gay and possible have a romance with Alex. I know Sebastian said he couldn't have sex with Nora because of his younger brother but I think there is more to it. I was LOL when Sebastian was telling Alex how his penis doesnt always go up....lol

Archived