DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The writing for Sami is atrocious. I don't have an ounce of sympathy for the woman. She's too old for this crap, she's not learned a thing in 19 years of being a screw up.

The kiss between Will and Beer Pong...I saw it as an expression of Will's frustration, anger, booze and general angst so I thought the roughness made sense. Plus, he was attracted to the guy, straight up carnal lust...had that been Will and Sonny, I would have felt like Sonny was being assaulted.

Seriously, Sonny is the nicest character in daytime, he's even out sainted AMC's Bianca.

• Members

Don't even get me started on the ridiculousness of them playing beer pong in the Town Square. Seriously, it couldn't have been a party in someone's basement or in a hotel room?? I don't hate the Town Square, mostly because it's a much more plausible meeting place than the damn pier, but this was pushing it beyond the bounds of sanity.

That said, the kiss was exceptionally well done. I'm always so thrown when anything on Days seems realistic or relatable, but it was great. They're usually so weird about sexuality and desire. This actually felt like what would happen with a drunk, sexually repressed, angry college student.

• Members

Did you see him bang his head against that fake stone wall? Ha, "Stonewall".

Okay, "Alamainia"?? huh.png I of course know who Victor and Vivian are, but I had no idea that was a place. I never ever watch DOOL and just caught a bit on SoapNet. Who is the blonde girl E.J. proposed to? I never thougt I'd do this, but the loss of AMC and OLTL really do leave me with a serialized drama craving every now and then so I may become a casual DOOL viewer.

• Members

That would be EJ's wife Nicole. Nicole's been on the show since the '90s. She was first involved with Sami's twin Eric. Then she left Eric to marry Lucas for $5 million dollars (Thanks to Kate). Nicole then married Victor. Then fell for Victor's grandson Brady. Then left town, only to return where she's been involved with EJ. She stole Sami's baby two years ago and passed it on as hers.

Alamainia was where Lawrence kidnapped Jennifer and raped her years ago.

• Members

The problem with Sonny/Will is that if they ever do get together, a lot of people will say he makes Will boring, what a self-righteous do-gooder he is, let's have Will yelling at Sami more or flirting with EJ.

I wish they could come up with a story, or a personality, for Sonny on his own.

• Members

TBH, id find sonny/will as good friends much more interesting than as a couple. whoever they date could be jealous of the other, and eventually they could question their friendship and wonder if it could be more. the same should be done for straight guy/girl relationships on soaps.

where they really messed up is making them both gay tho, as it totally limits them to eachother or whatever other newbie they want to bring on.

• Members

I agree with you on that, and it seems like Sonny just being there for Will's story has limited his character severely. Going beyond that, I don't really have a lot of interest in Will's love life (or any love lives on the show - DAYS doesn't seem to have any ability to build romances). I would also prefer to see more of Sonny's relationships within the Kiriakis family, and just find out more about him.

I would say it would have been interesting if Will or Sonny had been bi, as the only young straight male on the canvas is Chad, who barely seems to exist.

• Members

Galen G & Kristian Alfonso kind of sparkle together... anyways, J/M/B/H are idiots for thinking this would be nothing. As much i dislike this story i do think its decent for vet couples and beats an interloper, again.

EJ/Nicole... zzzzzz They were one great, a great while ago. Honestly, I think Nicoles time has come, unless they make her into a heartless bitch out to get revenge. Her taking EJ back after he killed her mother is... offputting, even for a girl as desperate as Nicole. As for EJ, i am noticing even hardcore EJ fans starting to lose interest in him. He is utterly boring and redundant. And can he get a damn bedroom with all the sex he has?

Sami & Marlena & Will have been amazing. I want for of this. Marlena owning some of the stuff she has done and shushing will was great. Sami needs to start owning some of her ish as well. Sami being jealous of Marlena/Will is a very nice touch. Sami accusing Marlena of turning Will against her was CRAZY! This bitch is so out of her mind sometimes, lol. I like how she ownly her ish (I am a terrible mother) when trying to make a case for herself, lol.

Will & Sonny are great friends, but where has Chad been? He is supposed to be great friends with both of them. But the dialogue sometimes is so try hard, "My uncle Vic" when has Sonny ever called him Vic? Stop it. And i kind of laughed when Sonny was giving advice to Will on coming out, and Will didnt claim not to be gay he just said thats not what this is about (unless i missed a bit). And for as quiet and paranoid as Will was before telling sonny he sure did blurt that loudly without looking around the room. This reveal is awful. Such a letdown for such buildup. She was oddly clam too. I liked it,

The party in the square did really bother me because we have a few clubs/bars here where they are in shopping centers/malls and after they close at night it spills over. But i guess if youve never seen one it would be odd. The square is way overused tho. Surely they have that old DOOM set or something, even an unused house set as a rundown frat house? come on. At least they established Will wasnt allowed to drink, but did anyways. Wills "im here to have fun" while looked at the guy slayed me. The kiss was well done, it was awkward, kind of forceful, yet ful of passion. Will finally let go, its about time. The guy he is kissing is played by Jesse Kristofferson, son of Kris kristofferson. Hes cute.

Question: Have there been any Marlena/Maggie scenes yet? Also, Toups, do you know if there were any behind the scenes changed that happened around the time of what is airing? I just feel like things are clicking and playing out much better. Even the stories I dont much like i can at least sit through now.

• Members

The backlash of people hating this gay storyline has gotten crazy now that the kiss has finally happened.

http://daysofourlives.about.com/b/2011/11/01/days-of-our-lives-confirms-will-is-gay.htm

Was there alot of hate of the same with ATWT's Luke and Noah?

I know ABC claimed that "Kish" was to blame for bad ratings.

I would never agree with some of these hateful people.

But I do find it interesting to read how some long time fans have lost their minds over this.

LoL

Archived