• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I try not to be a covetous person, but I seriously want her life. And I'm sad that I'm about 15 years behind on all of the good living she's enjoyed since she first arrived in Hollywood. Something that I've always loved about Joan post-Dynasty is that she never gave in to the notion that a certain way of living went out of style. Joan is gonna be Joan. She was Joan before Alexis. She and Dame Shirley couldn't have picked better spots to call home than the south of France and Monaco where they can live it up being the glamorous women that they are. Kate O'Mara looks amazing by the way. Often when I see her or Stephanie I think about how we would have missed out on these beautiful Britons had Dynasty not cast Joan.

I remember looking at my friend's stepdad's Playboys when we were kids and seeing a topless pic of Joan and sharing how "old!" she was at 50! Ha!

So did she ever get a new place in NYC or did she say that they were just going to stay in hotels from now on? I don't recall.

• Members

First of all, how have I missed this thread?! Started by DaytimeFan no less!

Secondly, SFK, absolute word to everything you wrote. Joan lives the life she has always wanted to live (and one I have always dreamed of -- Monte Carlo, yachts, a house in Provence, another in Eaton Square. It's like the James Bond lifestyle but for fabulous divas).

Not that it has been easy -- she has had to battle through husbands who abused her, slept around, developed terrible drug addictions and tried to rob her of her money. She worked on some major D-list shlockers in order to keep her kids in private school. Dynasty was a serendipitous accident, an opportunity she grasped with both hands. Because Joan loves life and loves living it. She is also a late bloomer, IMO -- she really came into her own in her 40s looks-wise and as television's premiere uberbitch on Dynasty (many have tried but nobody has succeeded in stealing her crown) and it was only in her late-60s that she finally married a sweet guy who seems to truly care for her. She deserves it.

Oh, and true story -- my first ever job (well, internship) was at a literary agency where JC was one of the authors represented. JC had a burgeoning boinkbuster career in the 1990s. So Day 2, and I'm answering the phones. Joan calls and I recognize her voice immediately (I wasn't a Dynasty fan for nothing). She wants to speak to our head agent. I put her on hold with a "One moment please, Mrs. Collins." Unfortunately, Big Agent is on the phone so I get back to Joan on the line who is hissing and spitting, madder than a wet cat. I get an earful about addressing her as "Miss Collins" before she asks to be passed on to my colleague who also gets an earful. It's a wonder I didn't get fired that very day.

But you know what? I'm not even sorry she yelled at me and it has not diminished my appreciation of her. The Great Joan Collins tore me a new a$$hole and that is how it should be. Miss Collins a megastar with a huge diva reputation to protect. It would have been rude of her not to get icy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...