Dance Moms...

Angela

• Members

I've seen commercials for this Lifetime series but hadn't watched. I was up late on Wednesday and finally caught an episode. It's interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku576pW5DSE

It's like Real Housewives (kind of fun) combined with Toddlers and Tiaras and Beyond Scared Straight (kind of disturbing). There's the weird, tense dynamic between the moms, cliques - and then there's the crazy, mean, and kind of evil dance teacher. She's talented but crazy, mean and evil. The parents sometimes stand up to her but they keep on coming back.

Nervous mom, whose kid is on "probation," to teacher: We bought you a gift for allowing [insert kids name] to train under you.

Other Moms roll their eyes as teacher opens the Chanel perfume.

One Mom about the gift to camera: She should have gotten her a membership to Weight Watchers, it would have gone a much longer way.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I tried to start a topic for Dance Moms a few months back but got no bites. I love this show! It's highly addictive. I stumbled upon it by coincidence when they were airing their first episode and had to keep watching. That awful but oh-so-fun-to-watch Abby Lee is just a trainwreck! And the moms... I love Christi the most, as well as her daughter Chloe. I was so glad to see the underdog be in the spotlight on the season finale last season. And what can be said about the woman who runs Candy Apples?! lol...

• Members

She's very catty and funny, Delicious mix.

My favorite mom is the mom with the two kids in Abby's group. Kelly?

It's hard to believe this show is not scripted because it's like they're all hitting their comedic marks. Reminds me of Reno 911.

• Members

i Can not stand Melissa! UGH! "Maddie is the best" "Maddie should be ata the top" "The pyramid is not fair" etc.. ugh. And of course she would refuse her child a chance to try something else besides dance. I hate her.

So happy Brooke was on top!

The new mom just doesnt click, and not in an entertaining way. And catrhy's manufactured drama just makes me roll my eyes, it doesnt entertain me either.

and Abby is a disgusting person. DISGUSTING. Brooke IS a child! She is not an adult. If she were 15 I would agree with her reaction, but shes hardly 13. Meanwhile, she tells Kelly's youngest daughter "you know who really matters in your house" because Kelly is going with brooke to cheerleading? Newsflish, parents of more than one kid have to do this sometimes, and the youngest one is fine with Christi taking care of her. Where was Abby's anger when melissa left her kids with her so she could vacation? This bitch.

• Members

Yes, big ol' Abby has gotten worse this season. Clearly, the fame has gone to her head. You are so right. She said nothing when Melissa didn't show up to TWO competitions last season, yet she gives Holly HELL if she misses a PRACTICE, let alone a competition. And the same with Kelly. The hypocricy is ridiculous with this woman. And Abby looked pissed off when Chloe won first in the individual competition while Maddie was 3rd. I mean, really, she can't be happy for her own student? Because she doesn't like the mother? Just awful.

If I were Christi on this past episode when Cathy was going off with her childish insults, I would've slapped the holy hell outta that bitch. Another hypocrite who is hurling petty insults about Christi's nose and clothes, but then says "You talk that way in front of your children?" to Christi when Christi called her a bitch.

But it makes for damn good drama :)

• Members

Just saw my first episode and I really dont think Abby is that bad. She tells it like it is. I find the mothers to be worse and more reprehensible. They are very catty and high schoolish. I dont blame Abby for the way she gets with them bc most of them need to be slapped with a hard dose of reality

• Members

It's really ridiculous how hypocritical Abby is by how she chastises most moms for such small insignificant things, but lets Melissa get away with murder. I'm glad they touched upon that in last night's episode by discussing how Abby & Melissa are friends, not just instructor/mother. Melissa manages the studio front desk for free, gives Abby gifts, and constantly kisses her big ol' booty. It's no wonder Melissa's daughters get pampered and private lessons. And if Melissa takes a week off to have a romantic getaway with her boyfriend, Abby doesn't say anything. But if Holly or Kelly or godfordbid Christi missed one performance, Abby would go all apesh!t crazy on them.

Although I loved how she fooled that one mother and her snooty daughter into thinking she was on top of the pyramid this week, only to reveal that the top position was the returning Brook, and the other girl was out of the group. Ha!

• Members

Th thing that really bothers me with Holly is this. She is like a dean at a school. She has a real, demanding job where people *need* her. She isnt putting it above her daughter, because her daughter doesnt need her at every rehersal and competition. Its annoying that Abby doesnt see that and that Jill is now trying to throw it in her face.

So peytons mom will take her to candy apple, yes/yes?

Archived