One Life To Live- FINALE- Friday 1/13/2012

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What board???

Boston Herald: Epic ‘One life’ draws to close

Despite drastic budget cuts in recent years, ONE LIFE remained creatively vibrant. The finale reportedly ends on cliffhangers that would tease viewers into an online show distributed by Prospect Park. The company backed out, citing costs, and ABC announced earlier this week that four core performers (Roger Howarth, Kassie DePaiva, Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson) will be reprising their roles on ABC’s remaining soap, GENERAL HOSPITAL.

Boston Herald: Erika Sleza refelcts on Viki

“She made her mark in a lot of people’s lives. That’s attested to in so much of the mail I received over the years,” Slezak told the Herald from her home in Vermont. “Viki is an awesome character. She is so many different things, but she’s such a good person. She was just a lot of fun to play. She had a real sense of right and wrong. She is just a really nice lady who got to cut loose with (her alternate personalities).”

Us Magazine: Stars' Soap Opera Beginnings

The beloved soap opera helped launch the careers of many young stars, including Hayden Panettiere, Marcia Cross and Laurence Fishburne.

Washington Post: Slezak offers preview of what might have been

Had the show gone on, Erika Slezak said at THE VIEW taping, Dorian, who’d been appointed to an empty U.S. Senate seat vacated in a sexting scandal, was going to become president.

Washington Post: ONE LIFE TO LIVE ends its 43-year run

In the penultimate episode of ONE LIFE TO LIVE, Viki gives a lovely tribute to FRATERNITY ROW, and to soap operas as a genre, noting, “When a show has been lucky enough to be on the air as long as ‘Fraternity Row’ has been on, these families become an extension of our own.”

<a href="http://www.montrealgazette.com/Commentary+world+Life+Live+fans+know/5987652/story.html" target="new">Montreal Gazette: End of the world as One Life to Live fans know it

Over the decades, it tackled teen pregnancy, gang rape, interracial marriage, a black woman passing as white, multiple personality disorders, a gay love story – all back when such topics were taboo on TV.

Houston Chronicle: Quiz - Were you a true OLTL fan?

Before the final credits role, test your knowledge of all the lives of Llanview, Pa., with a ONE LIFE TO LIVE trivia quiz.

WHSV: One Life to Live Calling It Quits

WHSV talked to some viewers to see what they thought about the show calling it quits. Watch it below.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2012/01/one-life-to-live-news-roundup.html

• Members

Scotty do you have the ability to merge the threads?

Susan Lucci blog about the finale of OLTL

January 13, 2012

One Life To Live is airing its final show today. It's a sad day indeed.

I want to bid a very fond and heartfelt farewell to all my friends at OLTL. I know I join your millions of fans in missing you on screen already and for myself personally, I am so very sorry to see yet one more very important part of the daytime community cease production. It's impossible to imagine a daytime lineup without the presence of the miraculous Agnes Nixon.

I also want to congratulate this remarkable cast on all your accomplishments. You have entertained the audience so well for so long and I hope at this sad time that you all take a moment to rejoice in that. On a personal note, I do hope our paths cross again real soon.

With much love and admiration, Susan...

Archived