2012: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

I think maybe it must be because these episodes are still some of MAB's breakdowns mixed with Josh rewriting them? Though I don't understand why Josh and MAB would have their own seperate credit-page - why not credit them together.

And why was the show credits different from the actualy script credits? Shouldn't they be the same since the editor of the episode just has to look at the script and type in, or copy/paste, the names?

Why can't things be easier? An EP should not be credited for episodes they didn't produce, which is what has happened here. And a HW's first credited episode should be their first full breakdown. If a HW is rewriting some breakdowns and there's a mixture of old/new stuff, then they should be credited together (unless it's just for an episode or two, then the old HW should just be credited).

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Probably something along those lines, Maria probably had an iron-clad contract Billy helped her with.

I wonder when her cycle is up though, "a little while longer" is too vague, and I can't imagine Jill being too pleased about this. LOL! At the very least, why can't Jill also be listed separately as an Executive Producer? Maria must have had a very unusual contract.

• Members

Is soap writing mainly just about having a plot lead up to some grand confrontation/showdown scene with no real payoff except that after X amount of time one character gets to confront another?

I cannot think of the last time I saw a complete story play out on GH (not involving an easy out death or confrontation that was momentarily interesting but otherwise forgettable).

I cannot think of anything Ron Carlivati wrote on OLTL that would explain why he seemingly thinks he's so good. And Brent Boyd's good episode was, the more I think of it, a series of showdown scenes that didn't advance any storyline but gave the illusion of something major happening by relying on emotional reactions.

Doesn't letting the same character, such as Phyllis, get away with everything all the time eventually wear on a soap and possibly drive viewers away a little at a time?

Archived