GL on DVD!

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Regardless of the disappointing news, Roger, I hope you'll communicate our gratitude to all the people involved for the DVD sets they were able to get out to us.

I watch them over and over and I've watched nearly every episode with my grandmother, who was thrilled to pieces when I brought the first one up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Help.....Does anyone know who to contact at Procter and Gamble to try to

get Guiding Light on DVD again? Maybe a Mailing address,Phone # or

e-mail address. If all the fans wrote in maybe they would release more DVDS!

There are alot of great GL episodes that deserve to be seen again, not to sit in a vault somewhere.....

• Members

A email today..

We'd like to wish a happy Thanksgiving to all of our loyal customers who supported us during this past year. We loved bringing you classic episodes from ATWT and Guiding Light; and we loved how much you appreciated them.

We hope to be able to share some exciting news with you in the near future. Until then, please accept our best wishes for a great holiday season!

Sincerely,

Your Friends at SoapClassics

• Members

I finally finished all 10 episodes in the "Jennifer Richards" set. The courtroom scene when Jennifer reveals all wasn't as engaging as I thought it would be. For some reason, I thought the "big" cliffhanger the "reveal" ended with Jennifer telling the courtroom her affair with Alan, then fade to black. I was way off - I blame it on my youth and not remembering clearly what went on, even with the pre-emption of the January 19th episode. Oddly enough, I made the similar mistake on Roger's "death" episode from April 1, 1980. I mistakenly thought the episode *ended* with Roger's "fall" - I guess I wanted the dramtic climaxes to always be the cliffhangers. happy.png

It was nice to see again some of the build up to Elizabeth's departure from Springfield - she would be gone by the end of January, and never return. Does anyone know why Lezlie Dalton left? Did Marland simply not have any story for her, other than Phillip? That story still had mileage in it for two more years. I can't believe he would let that character go - I wonder why Marland didn't recast her. Carrie Mowery would have been a much better recast for Elizabeth than she was for Jackie (which someone on here mentioned earlier).

Add me to the list of people wondering why Harding Lemay returned to work for P&G by writing GL at this time, as well. I don't know if anyone ever asked him that in an interview. Does anyone know?

I really did like the character of Jennifer Richards. I'm somewhat amazed that Marland decided to not end up pairing Jennifer with Mike. Even from these episodes, everything is set up for an eventual long-term romance - Mike defending Jennifer, Mike bonding with Morgan, etc. Poor Mike had no luck at all once Leslie died wink.png - Jackie, then Elizabeth, then Renee, then Jennifer, and that was just up to 1981. Although Who's Who said that Mike also dated Diane - when the heck was that?!!? Plus, pairing Mike with Jennifer would have further complicated Mike's relationship with Hope and Alan.

This was a great time period to watch again, especially consecutive episodes. I'm just sorry Soap Classics no longer has the P&G license. I was hoping for much, much more (no Roger Thorpe or a Roger/Holly set sad.png ). I'm staring to believe that either the ROI was too small for the time SC put into making the sets, or P&G pulled the rug out from under them and decided not to continue the license - although why, I have no idea. After SC's email, I went and purchased the German "GL" set from Amazon.de for about $35.00. It arrived today, so I will start diving into 1979 again. If SC no longer can release these, then hopefully Fernsehjuwelen can continue to produce their sets.

Archived