megan mctavish?

• Members

McTavish is done. If DOOL adds any story writers, I think it would be Josh Griffith. I think McPherson/Thomas are milktoast writers, they need heft in the stories but not sure they can deliver. They should ask Curlee/Demorest to consult or bring them on for gravitas. When the show writes deeper scenes, it can be compelling. They need to be like GL was in the mid 90s...Some of the scripts lately remind me of GL at that time. I suspect Snyer and Williams Watt are adding some heft to the storytelling..they are getting rid of their veteran writers and replacing them with entry level people mostly... clearly the Cullitons will be gone soon. Richard's scripts have been dramatically reduced. Dyer and Schroeder are getting more scripts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew Datillo left(or let go?) during this time period but I didn't know he complained that loudly. I didn't find anything wrong with the writing there in 2009 when the baby switch was in full swing. I remember there was the Snow White tale of Kate giving Chloe a poisoned apple and kidnapping Daniel. I remember Lucas getting drunk about the whole thing and Will and Sami sending him off to rehab was that Lucas' exit? He did come back for Alice's funeral. Higley should have never been brought back in the first place--2008 was so horrifyingly bad. I do recall talking about Tomlin and Whitesell being the real ones in charge of the show. Its funny in spite of the cheapness the show was said to have a balanced budget and they got ratings to go up. I think they have some great ideas like bringing Vivian and Carly back only for their full potential to go unrealized, thanks in part to their dismissals and Higley's return to being solo.

• Members

And that's something I always found weird, especially considering she was on GL as an actress for a couple years alongside a bunch of the characters she seemed to have no clue of the dynamics between once she began writing. Like...was she sleeping between takes and locking herself in her room during those years??

• Members

Megan McTavish is a GOOD writer. The problem is that she doesn't know how to really continue to write it. She comes up with good ideas but in the end it never pans out the way it is meant to. But the one thing that just made me hate her was killing off Dixie.

But Megan could be a good fit a DAYS IMO.

• Members

I have disliked Mc Tavish for years but mostly because of what she did to Tad, Dixie, and the unaborted fetus but she actually has written some decent stuff for AMC going back. Days stories lack drama, stakes and energy now, 3 things I think she could instill in the show ASAP. It might all be plot driven but at this point so what.

Archived