December 19-23, 2011

Toups

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am sure he is. I feel like the potential of stories is there but then I felt that with the Madison/Kate story and the election storyline both which are duds. The AbbyAustin thing could be an interesting sort of fatal attraction thing if you know Austin was actually interesting or sexy and will's storyline still looks to be the most promising.

• Members

I have to believe DOOL's budget is way up. Of all the people let go, Crystal Chappell had to be the only one making big bucks and she wasn\t used extensively where the DH's, MA and yes that horrible Patrick Muldoon and soon to be Lisa Rinna and Bryan Datillo are not cheap. I don't know how much was saved by firing Tomlin and replacing him with 2 producers or firing Higley and hiring 2 writers to replace her. I do think they have let go some of their scriptwriters and someone said that they thought the Cullitons were on their way out. Maybe its all been a wash.

• Members

Guys, Don't blame MarDar. They didn't ruined the ratings, Higley/Tomlin ARE the ones who ruined the ratings. MarDar are trying so hard trying to revive the ratings and writing the stories good and watchable. It takes time to revive the ratings. I have high hopes for these new writers. However, if Sheri Anderson joined as Co-Headwriters, it would've been a perfect writing team.

Sorry for my english though.

• Members

Guys it doesn't matter about GH/DAYS anymore. They are both ARE DEAD and considering the new press release of the show I can't name in this post which is doing unbelievably well and nowhere near the disaster soap fans made it out to be. This genre is finished done stick a fork in it ITS DONE. The new wave of soaps are the Kardashians, Jersey Shore, Housewives, Mob Wives. We have to stop living in denial and start moving on that this genre is over. The current economy and today's costs stuck a fork in this genre. How can anyone justify keeping soaps on the air when cheaper shows are doing the same numbers on much lower budgets? Its BASIC BUSINESS 101 we sometimes forget as we put out emotions into this and not realize the right business decisions were made in cancelling these shows unfortunately.

Archived