Jill Farren Phelps OUT, Frank Valentini IN, Ron Carlivati IN

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is this just a cost-saving measure? I know some speculated that Frons let Guza leave so they wouldn't say that he was there at the end when GH was canceled, but I'm not sure Frons would care about doing that with both of them. Or did JFP leave before the axe fell?

• Members

Wowwww. She lasted 10 years there.... amazing. When she first moved to GH, I don't think anybody would have thought that she would last that long. Then it got to the point where it seemed like she would be there forever. I'm confused by this move. We've all considered GH a goner, but if ABCD is moving their golden boy there, maybe they have some interest in saving it. And I wouldn't mind seeing RC follow. He could do good things with GH. GH needs something.

Is this JFP's last soap? Can't see how she could possibly be hired at DAYS, Y&R, or B&B. Honestly, though, DAYS' music cues have been lacking. If she was hired there as "Music Director" I would not be at all opposed. Music has always been one of her strong points.

Joke or real?!

• Members

The SID tweet said that JFP was "let go"...as I recall JFP's contract came up for renewal in the fall/winter...so I'm thinking ABC decided to not renew her contract rather than have JFP on an expensive long term deal for a soap that's either on its way to being cancelled or experiencing a major budget cut. No way would JFP have settled for a short term gig or a major pay cut. Never in a million years.

It's actually kind of sad. For all of JFP's negative attributes she is a highly skilled producer on the technical side.

In a way, the woman is a legend. An evil legend. But a legend nonetheless. It's the end of an era.

I don't see B&B hiring her, it's the only solely owned Bell universe show there is and it is a notoriously happy set. JFP is, in a word, polarizing.

She would be an odd fit at DAYS, she surely wouldn't last long under Corday who needs "Yes Men" around him at all times.

But then there is Y&R...at this point, she can do no harm there. I'd like to see it happen.

• Members

The only reason she stayed at GH this long was figurehead status. Her pattern has always been coming in, doing some stuff to get some attention or praise, then driving the show into the ground. Her GH run was none of that. While I do agree with those who feel that she has more power at GH than we think, generally I think she was an afterthought for much of her GH run.

For that reason I can see her taking a figurehead role at some soap like Y&R.

If she has any say, my guess is Jess and MTS would be gone immediately. I guess Jess is already just about gone anyway. At least Robin Christopher might have another show to use as an ATM.

• Members

Cast changes or not, it would seem Frank isn't going to put his name on garbage so I expect major changes. I thing the show will be good and I expect the fans to be very pleased with the way GH goes out. I don't think there is any hope for the ratings as fans have been played with for far too long. I just hope that the fans are somewhat satisfied with how GH ends. I think OLTL and AMC are shaping up for nice endings, cliffhangers or not. It's MUCH more than us poor P&G soap fans could ask for.

• Members

Jess and MTS...an interesting conundrum in the JFP universe. JFP always has two or three female actresses who she loooooves and pimps to no end. I don't see MTS being that...Jess on the other hand, a lovely, bright, no nonsense professional? Like Linda Dano, a major FOJ.

• Members

She is a nightmare. Definitely. However, she wasn't as against Jackie Zeman as anyone thinks she was. In fact, she kept her on contract longer than Frons wanted due to her ability to soothe TG.

Still, for all of Jill's evil...I think she's a legend. An absolute nightmare to many and a scourge to actors everywhere. But a legend all the same.

Archived