VH1's Daytime Divas - based on Star Jone's Satan Sisters

Cheap21

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Star mentioned that. She said that title wasnt marketable

Oh thats right. Star was on today and I couldnt beleive they brought her back to promote this bc I dont see Babs having the same sense of humor

• Members

It's definitely got a Devious Maids kinda vibe. I like it a lot and I'll definitely check out the rest of the season. It seems, though, based on the pilot and the previews, that it'd be best to have this only last a season. Anyhoo, love Vanessa Williams and Tichina Arnold in this, and the other unknowns are strong. Also, GL alum alert! Tammy Blanchard plays the youngest co-host's mom! Dang, she's playing mother to a twentysomething already?

• Members

I'll have to give it a try ... will post thoughts whenever I get to watch it. From the previews I wasn't super impressed because it seems like Williams plays a lot of roles the same. I love me some Tichina Arnold though. I guess it's supposed to be funny that they all dislike each other and get into cat fights? I used to enjoy all that but I don't anymore for some reason. It seems like a lot of shows just try too hard wanting every line to be witty and sharp and quotable ...

• Members

"You little lesbian!"

"I'm sexually fluid!"

First I thought it was camp. Then it went mega-camp. Now I think this is a pure unashamed Jackie Collins tribute.

Not sure if that's an insult or not.

This [!@#$%^&*] is beyond camp.

Like Maxine was in a coma for several days but kept in a hot pose? Hahaha. I've not even watched episode two yet.

• Members

I wasn't a big fan of Devious Maids, even stopped watching it after 2 seasons, but this is even worse. Dialogue is horrible, acting meh. Feel bad for both Vanessa Williams (although she seems to be playing the same character since Ugly Betty) and Tichina Arnold. The "Elisabeth Hasselbeck" chick is terrible.

• Members

I'm enjoying this and agree it's light and fun like other posters have said. Not gonna lie, I was hoping for something closer to the real going-ons that happened behind the scenes at The View but this will serve for a fun summer show non the less.

• Members

Yeah, it's pretty campy and makes Devious Maids look tame. It's fun junk food television, but so over-the-top you can't expect to learn any juicy behind-the-scenes dirt that pays direct tribute to The View. My hubby loves it; I enjoy it, but it's not must-see-TV. I love Vanessa Williams though, so I'm glad she's a heavy hitter on the show. 

Archived