Have you met a famous person?

beachbum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Define famous, LOL. I've met a number of actors from either doing extra work, or more randomly at a few parties in Motnreal and Vancouver where they arrived while shooting something. Umm once at a dive bar that was 80s themed (gay of course) in Montreal, a VERY stoned Chloe Sevigny (sp?) came down and made herslef part of our table, saying she was wandering around (she was shooting a movie there) and heard "the most amazing songs of her childhood" and had to come down--she was cool if a bit hard to understand, bought us a round of shots and danced (if you can call the weird hippy type swaying she was doing, dancing).

I met Michael E Knight at a soap star mall event (the other stars were from Y&R which I didn't watch) and he was friendly--I think he was surprised to see a 13 year old teen guy there--but very nice. Ummm....

• Members

I'm from Montreal also and I met

Kathy Griffin after her gig in Montreal she was hilarious and wanted to do the gay scene in Montreal but had to leave

Met Jack Wagner with Kristina years ago at a pool party, she was very nice but he seemed very flirtatious with the women and drunk. Being a big GH fan I was super excited to see them especially since I had no idea they were going to be there

• Members

I met Leonard Nimoy and John deLancie at a signing back when they were doing a Halloween trilogy for Alien Voices. Having adored TOS since I was a child, meeting Nimoy ad getting my picture taken with him was a big thrill. ;) It sits above my computer to this day.

I met GL stars at a couple of their events about 7-8 years ago. Got photos of DAM kissing me on the cheek (back then I was co-webmaster for his unofficial site), I got the chance to tell Beth Ehlers how much I had enjoyed her work since she started on the show and she gave me a big bear hug (also got a photo of me with her and RPG). Met Laura Wright at a cabaret event and she was very chatty. This was during the Cassie/Edmund time so she was quite practiced at trying not to offend fans of either "Rassie" or "Cadmund" whenever they asked her stupid questions like who was the better kisser. Met Jerry verDorn and Liz Keifer at one of the bowling events and they seemed very sweet and down-to-earth.

I never actually spoke to John Ritter but when I was a kid he was filming part of "Hero at Large" in my neighborhood and we bumped arms. I still remember him in that superhero costume. Yoko Ono I saw in Central Park with a man years ago but figured it was probably best to keep my distance.

If anyone's ever heard of Uncle Floyd Vivino (I think mostly in the NY/NJ area), my mom and I had a conversation with him several minutes long at an Italian festival. That was mostly about where in Italy their families came from.

• Members

When I was fifteen years old (in 1995), I visited my great-aunt in suburban Philadelphia. We went to the mammoth King of Prussia Mall, where Betty White had just finished doing a book signing. My great-aunt and I were walking right past Betty when I stated "Hi, Betty!" In response, she cheerfully replied "Hi!" back. (I was really impressed with her, because she really did appear to be the same nice person that she is on television.)

Also, while I never actually met this person, I was about a hundred feet away from Bob Dole during a 1996 campaign rally held in my home town. Also in attendance at the rally were two former Republican governors of New Jersey: Tom Kean (who would later become the chairman of the 9/11 Commission) and Christine Todd Whitman (who was NJ's governor at the time). Sadly, the rally proved to be a complete waste of time for Dole, since he lost NJ by 18 points to Clinton. (Prior to the mid-90's, NJ was actually a swing state as opposed to a heavily Democratic one, so a campaign trip to the state really seemed like it was not such an idiotic thing to do.)

• Members

James Franco last year at the Franchphrenia GH shoot. That was the best day of my life!!

When I went to a Chelsea Lately taping in Jan. 2009 Chelsea came to my area and signed my "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" book after the show was finished. I about DIED.

Everybody else probably not famous to anyone else but me & their fans lol I go to a lot of band shows. I also have spotted some well known people sometimes when I go to film festivals. When I become a millionaire film director hopefully they will all be my friends! LOL! ;-)

• Members

Are we counting soap stars, too?

Outside of soaps, I've met just about anyone who's anyone who has ever worked on the X Files, EXCEPT the holy twosome, David and Gillian. I've met Chris Carter at least three times and Frank Spotniz, one of the writers and directors and I are on a first name basis. Haha.

Soap wise, lets see:

AMC

Susan Lucci x 2

Vincent Irizzary x 3

Michael B. Jordan

Jordi V.

OLTL

Robin Strasser

John Paul Lavosier

GH

Rick Hearst

Kirsten Storms (whom I thought was a stuck up bitch)

Scott Clifton

Rebecca Herbst

• Members

I met Kal Penn, well went to see Kal Penn campaign/talk about Obama and why we should elected him for president my freshmen year of college. He talk for about an hour and at the end we had the opportunity to go talk to help and take pictures with him, but instead my friend and I look at each other and decides to go get dinner instead.

• Members

Guy Pearce.

Was sitting in an airport lounge with a couple of friends having a drink when he came up to our table and asked if he could have the extra chair that was on our table.

INXS a few times

Keanu Reeve's in a round about way, took a photo of him & a friend.

Geoffrey Rush, met him at an Australia Day luncheon and had my photo taken with him.

• Members

The cast of X-Men (Halle Berry, James Marsden, Anna Paquin, Ian McKellan, Hugh Jackman, etc) because I was dating the director.

Hilary Swank and Gwyneth Paltrow who worked out at my gym in Greenwich Village. ( I almost died when meeting Hilary, because she's my favorite actress, and at the time I was drenched in sweat from my gym routine and probably didn't smell too great.)

Kathy Najimy

Sarah Jessica Parker

Matthew Broderick

Jonathan Bennett

Danny Pintauro

Chad Allen

Tori Spelling

Austin Peck

Colin Egglesfield

John Norris

Carson Daly

Blink 182

Kevin Williamson

Carrie Underwood (TOTAL BITCH. I witnessed her being a complete ass to a fan who simply said that she loved her music. I will never forget it. Her good girl act is a sham.)

Archived