AMC: Emmy Pre-Nominations

Jonathan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So safe to say AMC wasted one of their prenoms.

Bets

Lead: Susan/Debbie or Alicia/Rebecca. Michael E. Knight/Vincent Irizarry or Darnell Williams

Supporting: Chrishell/Alicia (?) or Rebecca. Ricky Paul Goldin/Jacob Young or Jordi Vilasuso

Younger: Who ever was eligible.

• Members

I really hope Debbi Morgan and Susan Lucci are nominated. Debbi of course has so much to choose from and Susan Lucci did some stellar work this year to. I hope she submits that January episode that centered around Erica (where she broke down in front of Kendall), or that fantastic episode from July when Jane rebeled against everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN27kryu3dU&feature=related

I think that Jane/Erica episode would be a good choice for Best Drama series as well. Or the finale (we'll see)

• Members

Who should get prenoms

LA- Vincent, MEK or DW

LA- Debbie, Susan

SA- Jacob

I don't think anyone else deserved them quite frankly. Alicia or Rebecca getting a prenom for Supporting Actress wouldn't surprise me. Same with either RPG or Jordi for Supporting Actor. I have no clue why or how Chrishell got a supporting actress prenom.

• Members

All of Chrishell's scenes are either made or broken entirely by the actor or actress she is opposite against. She does no work on her own and never seems capable of even half way attempting to put in her share of the work to match her opposite performer. All of the actors she works with have to work around her inability to get into deeper emotions as well as her general lack of presence/skill. All of this makes scenes with her harder and working with her a chore as they have to work against her and not with her. Which is to say unfortunately that Chrishell herself is such a non-entity when it comes to performing. She is a vacuous void and her portrayal as Amanda existed solely for the writers to have a plausible excuse to bring Kate Collins' Janet back to AMC every odd month or year.

The supporting actress category is seen to be the most diverse category when it comes to acting styles and it is even sometimes argued by critics to be the hardest category to crack a nomination in. I don't know what AMC's staff, crew and actors were smoking when they voted but putting Chrishell in such a pivotal spot as one of AMC's last pre-nominations was just foolish. At least with Allen there was an excuse that no one else was available for the category. Chrishell's pre-nom is unforgivable.

• Members

I hope to see Debbi and Susan both nominated in lead

Vincent and MEK for lead as well

I don't see the love for Chrishell this year. I don't think she did anything that great, the Janet stuff was just ok. I thought she did much more powerful work in 2009 and 2010. For Supporting Actress I hope to see Melissa Claire Egan and Lindsay Hartley nominated.

Supporting Actor definitely Jacob Young

I hope to see Finn Wittrock get nominated for Younger Actor, he did great work once again! Anything he did with Jamie Luner and MEK.

• Members

It doesn't matter which one she chooses. I don't think either of them are strong enough. I would choose the July one though there is enough variation of emotions to at least attempt at versatility. The scene in general also doesn't demand too much of her. That February tape just highlights all of her limitations as an actress since the tape plays heavily on the need for a dramatic performance and Chrishell needed to go so much higher then what she delivered.

Archived