AMC: SOAPnet's "I Love Lucci" Marathon

• Members

I was channel surfing and caught the scene of Erica calling everyone out while having a simultaneous meltdown. Great scene! And it was a long one by today's standards. It's a damn shame how much daytime has changed in 15+ years (not sure how long ago this aired).

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've seen the Erica/Tom episode before. But it was great seeing Myrtle, Phoebe, Langley, Charles, Mona, Paul, Ellen, Linc, Kelly, Joe ... and the nice long scenes. Everyone felt connected to each other. I did love the blatant recapping in the dialogue which reminded me of other things going on in this time period (wasn't alive to watch but I know my soap history).

The next episode, Erica's meltdown, is the first time I've really seen it. Great material. I absolutely love Erica going off on the town, telling people to shut up and throwing off great zingers towards Maria and Brooke. Loved the reaction shots we got of Adam, Dimitri (how I miss them both, didn't really think of it until now), Myrtle, Joe, Palmer, Phoebe (Ruth Warrick looks GREAT for her age at the time) ... it's so sad all of those faces are gone. It lacks such an emotional punch when there's no real history on the show anymore and these past two episodes prove that. Didn't really care for Robin Mattson as Janet to be quite honest, love her though, but Kate Collins is definitely Janet to me. Zzzz to the others in the episode. Too bad they wasted Kelsey, IMO. I liked the actress and the character.

• Members

LOOOVING this! I always adored this episode. Still have it on VHS somewhere.

ROBIN MATSON <3 Always loved her. I loved her as Janet just as much as KC.

Dixie's hair...Dear GOD. Cady McClain obviously has no one in her life that loves her, or she would never have been allowed to do that to herself.

Archived