GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There was very little interaction between Heather and Luke during her original run. Everything between them was a bad rewrite in 2004.

I think Heather found out about Steven Lars before Mary O'Brien came on the show, during the time Heather was offcamera. Is that right?

She was gaslighting Diana, yes, with some awful acting beef named Larry Joe.

• Members

Merrie Lynn Ross played Emma Luts when GH was trying to make Luke an exciting antihero Philip Marlow kind of guy.

Jeanna Michaels was Connie Atkins/Constance Townsend and was thrown in to make Robert look more exciting.

Edited by SweetPea36

• Members

Thanks. I had heard the name but didn't know the story. Was this when he was upset about Robert/Holly, or was this when he was with Holly?

I always wonder how much the exits in 1983/early 1984 hurt the show. That was, what, Luke, Laura (again), Lesley, Blackie, Heather, Scott, Susan Moore...did you feel like the show declined around this time or was it not noticeable?

I also meant to ask - what did you think of Judith Chapman's character, Ginny? She sounds very strange. I haven't bothered watching any clips with her yet.

• Members

Strange is a charitable way to describe Judith Chapman's Ginny. I don't know if it was Chapman, who is a tic factory, or if they never figured out who they wanted Ginny to be. I mostly wanted her to go away.

This is what a commenter on YT said about the Luke/Emma Luts scenes:

"I think those scenes are from right after Laura's presumed death in 1982. Luke started seeing Laura in different places and he and Robert went looking for her. Actually it wasn't the real Laura that Luke saw, but holograms planted by the evil David Gray who had kidnapped Laura and shipped her to the Helena Cassadine's island in Greece."

Emma Luts was on GH for three years, so there were many more scenes with her. I think she was a good Luke foil and they used her at various times.

As always, GH threw away the baby with the bath water. The show definitely declined. There were characters like Heather and Scott who were played by good actors who could have been put to good use to help drive other stories. I was never impressed with Lesley or Blackie, so that wasn't much of a loss.

Edited by SweetPea36

• Members

Apparently they lost sales due to People, and finally ended as a bimonthly publication in 1985. I think that the increasing loss of true stars and the decline of Hollywood probably played a part too. It's always a little sad seeing how trashy the magazines became starting in the late 60's, although they are still priceless, especially regarding soap content.