GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I finally watched the last GH marathon episode I'd taped from months ago (I'd either seen everything from after that point, or had no interest in seeing it). It was the one with the harbor protest, Mac's first episode, Robert and Anna at odds and desiring each other.

While the episode was not perfect (I was especially confused by Jenny Eckert racing a raft in circles and then driving straight into the boats - at first I thought she was going to have a suicide mission), I was impressed by how fast it moved. I could see Gloria Monty's work there, especially the way Robert and Anna had those sharply edited flashbacks of the previous few days. The scenes with Robert and Anna had so many different layers - maturity, juvenile actions, fighting against true feelings, sexual tension, etc. Finola Hughes had so much vitality and sparkle.

Who was playing Robin's nanny/the housekeeper, and how long was she around? Was she part of the Asian Quarter story? When was she last on the show? I liked her energy, even if she was a stereotype.

I'd forgotten Kurt McKinney was still playing Ned at this time. I guess he was gone soon after this. I guess Lord Ashton wasn't on for much longer either. The whole story seemed like filler but it was nice to see Tracy. I never even knew she was living outside of the mansion at this point.

Poor Monica seemed to be styled like a 70-year old First Lady for most of the mid-80s and early 90s. I have no idea why.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Did GH ever do those "Beauty Shots" endings? (I think I got the term wrong--something like that...) I know by the Monty era they just had a still for the closing credits, and I'm not sure about Ryan's Hope, but AMC kept them basically until 1989 or so, as did Loving, while OLTL kept them until Rauch came in.

• 2 weeks later...