GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I remembering crying when they killed off Alan Q because I knew TPTB were systematically killing off classic GH.  I don't think they wanted any reminders of GH's great past because their version of GH (Sonny, Carly & Jason) could never compare to GH's great history. For me, symbolically, killing off Alan Q, was killing GH.  It's never been the same since.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Confirmed!

Daytime TV, March 1972 has an article about the wedding of Lucille March to Al Weeks.  Accompanying the article is the infamous 1971 cast portrait with Joan Blackman in it.  The caption all but confirms what character Miss Blackman portrayed in 1971.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Alan, Georgie and Emily were all shock-value plot-driven deaths that never should have happened. I'm less upset over Emily because I was tired of her and Natalia Livingston's quivering but Alan and Georgie should still be alive.

AJ's was a mistake as well, all of the times, especially under Ron's pen. Although at least that had SOME follow through, with Michael accepting his spot in the Q's and hating Sonny, but the stans cried and we all know what happened there

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here is an early TV appearance by Brooke Bundy on Ozzie and Harriet in 1963. She plays a girl that Rick is dating and spills a malt and slams the car door on her dress. Rick sings The Very Thought Of You at the end. At this time Rick had just married his real life Kris (the sister of actor Mark Harmon and Kelly Harmon the Tic Tac girl). Kris would make her debut on O&H shortly after this episode. She was pregnant with Tracy who was born October 63. Since ABC had a morals claus in the Nelson family contracts. The Nelsons placed a full term and healthy baby Tracy in a incubator and claimed she was premature so public wouldn't count back to the wedding. Years later Tracy battled lymphoma in the 80's. I wonder if the incubator incident may have contributed since the early ones were notorious for causing all kinds of health problems. 

• Members

"Co-Starring" John Beradino?

To me, no matter what young whippersnappers TPTB have ever brought in and showcased, our beloved Steve Hardy was always the REAL star of the show!

Younger viewers who have only endured the show during the Maurice Bernard, Michael Easton, and Steve Burton years don't know what they missed!

Stalwarts like Beradino, Emily McLaughlin, and Rachel Ames ruled!

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

Yes, even when the show gave them nothing but crumbs, the vets always rose to the occasion and made the most of it. That business with Ryan targeting Audrey really WAS must-see TV!

Who are the beloved matriarchs and patriarchs, the tentpole characters, of today? Sonny and Carly?!? Pffft!