GH: Classic Thread

• Members

When Carly first showed up, I loved it. Sarah Brown played the role so well. Today, I go back and forth with her. I don't like her around Sonny, I think she becomes weak and a hypocrite. Even so, I think that the introduction of Caroline Benson was one of GH's most well told stories. They need to write her much better, because she is iconic. Right now she appears to be nothing more than another women to prop Sonny.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

YES! It would be great if you assembled all of your on-line material into a single blog. Imagine a webpage filled with nothing but vintage articles, the best of the best, culled from wonderful magazines of yesteryear. Woohoo!

I have often thought that we in the SON community, should start our own video-archive page, with extensive collections of soap opera episodes from around the web. We could have individualized sections for each show, like "THE GUIDING LIGHT: 1950s," "GENERAL HOSPITAL: 1970s," "AS THE WORLD TURNS: 1980s," etc. It would be an ever greater asset if we could also edit these archives in order to put each new video addition into chronological order. TGL: 05/11/52, followed by TGL: 05/17/52, and so forth. The task would be herculean task , but in the end, it (like your potential magazine-article blog) would be worth the effort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

FX's The Americans has featured some classic '80s soap from the period ('81-'83, thus far); tonight they featured some of the Grant/Celia DVX story, with Grant the Russian spy paralleling the show's premise.

Edited by Vee