Hoarders

Cheap21

• Members

I was watching a Hoarder's marathon yesterday and saw the episode where that lady was hoarding thousands upon thousands of tapes. Omg! I remember someone mentioned that here. She really did have a lot of tapes with her "stories" on them (plus other things), and I couldn't believe how effortlessly they just threw them away! Those couldv'e AT LEAST been put in storage, not just trashed in the 1-800-GOT JUNK? truck mad.gif That really did irk me. She even could've made money off the ones that weren't damaged.

I was SHOCKED at how many VCR's she had, I was amazed how she knew how to control everything at that age laugh.png Get it girl.

The lady with the NEWBORN baby & two other kids who lost control of her house just made me sick. Her excuses were laughable and I just couldn't believe how irresponsible she was. Poor kids (& husband!)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She reminded me of my grandmother bc she is ALWAYS recording something. She just has 2 VCRs but she is attached to them. And just like this woman, when she learned the invention of DVDs, she was all over it. I swear everytime I see her, she's given me some blank DVDs, asking me to make copies for her. I dont know why she needs all this or when she's gonna watch them all but she insists on it. With that said, she is NOT as bad as that woman. My grandma's house is clean and she doesnt have piles everywhere. That woman just shocked m. That was ridiculous

Im not sure I remember the second case you are talking about. Having babies around is always bad and they run the risk of being sent to child protective services

• Members

IIRC, the woman with the tapes wasn't as much a "hoarder" like we usually see on the show...she just had an obscene amount of tapes in her house. They could have put them in climate-controlled storage until they sold them all eBay. We know there are enough desperate soap fans out there who'd snap that [!@#$%^&*] up quick.

Grandson who made the crack about "That episode of Donahue from '82" was fine, though.

• Members

It depends on how long she'd been taping stuff. If it was since mid 1980's, no big deal... but if she was one of these people who owned a video recorder of ANY kind in the 70's, NONE of those tapes should have been thrown away. They could have been throwing away the last existing copy of something tht a network or syndictor erased. (such as the Chuck Woolery Wheel Of Fortune) And even if a tape is broken, if the contents are important DON'T THROW IT AWAY. You can simply take the tape apart, remove the tape spools, and put them in a new cartridge.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Just saw the episode and ewww! Worse than those nasty diapers for me were the dead cats. I couldnt deal with that and the minute I saw one dead animal, Id have to remove myself from that house knowing theres a chance there could be more.And there were. I think there were at least 4 dead cats in there. I was absolutely disgusted with that woman for the poor conditions she put those cats in that killed them. She killed them with her selfishness and neglect. Those poor cats died from being buried under all the junk, not to mention they have gotten sick from the fumes they were inhaling or crap they might have eaten.

And her name is Michelle,Mike for short...huh?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Ah yes, my mom's favorite show. She watches it every chance she gets (including today--she found it when GH was on a commercial break).

I haven't looked through the whole thread so I apologize if these were posted already, but two of my favorite female comedians have mentioned the show in their stand up:

Mom and I make ourselves laugh by imitating the music sting (MEEP...MEEP) and the "THEY'VE GOT MEMORIES!" part laugh.png .

Kathleen mentions it at the end of the clip. She's seriously a new favorite of mine wub.png .

• Members

I could never sleep in a house where roaches were runnin' [!@#$%^&*] with no shame. Dude on oxygen had the nerve to say he only saw a couple then he sprayed and THEN there was a problem. Those cobwebs were disgusting. Wife said she was just a lousy housekeeper and I wanted to scream at the screen, "Just START!" I really do not understand it. You can hoard things in an orderly fashion and not live in filth. I'd like to see at least one case where the patient is a neat freak hoarder like Candy Spelling or someone like that.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

I'm afraid not! This dirty fool's house was completely CONTAMINATED w/her bodily nastiness & she didn't care that it was all up in her (expired) food! When asked why she would eat contaminatd food, her response was "What the F is the problem?!" along with the statement I posted above! Unbelievable! She was psychotic and actually got a thrill over realizing she'd been ingesting her own number 2's all these years.

Archived