B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, it happened, although it was actually March 25-26 in 2010 when Cafe Russe made its exit. Ridge and Brooke had dinner with Taylor and Whip at Cafe Russe as it prepared to close down. Taylor and Whip left and went back to Whip's place, where Whip proposed, and Taylor, claiming she was finally over Ridge, accepted. (Of course, we saw a year later how untrue that was during the Berry incident). Meanwhile, Ridge and Brooke stayed behind and closed down the place.

I guess the Cafe Russe set was just too elaborate to break out for infrequent use under B&B's two episode/day taping schedules, with them trying to use the same sets back to back days to save money.

• Members

Insomnia was also a hangout for the younger set for a while, when Macy and Grant bought the place, late 1997-early 1998. Katie worked there as a waitress, and Amber, Rick and CJ used to hang out there around the time Jacob Young first came on as Rick. That set came and went over the years until it became Dayzee's, although who knows how often we'll see it now that Kristolyn Lloyd is only recurring and is headed east for work.

They also had a country western bar in late 1996-early 1997, the Canyon Country Club, but that disappeared after it served its purpose in the Taylor/Ridge/Brooke/Grant quadrangle.

• Members

B&B has always kept their sets stored away well, in case they have to be reused. They have a few that stay up all the time - the Forrester mansion and the FC executive floor used to be kept "up" all the time back in the day, although I'm not sure if that's true today when the mansion is seen less frequently. The others come and go as needed for the story, although they try to use a specific set for multiple episodes these days to keep from having to break down and put up sets too often.

I guess they could have just kept the Cafe Russe set "in the box" and just not used it anymore, so it was kind of nice that they actually worked its exit into the story.

• Members

Il Giardino

The shelf with the plates - which they always put up - is actually recycled from that Mexican restaurant set I was talking earlier about BTW.

B&B has always done a great job at recycling sets. The first production designer Sy Tomashoff really learned his craft at Dark Shadows to make great looking sets, yet operate on a tight budget and hence reuse as much as possible.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I spent most of the weekend rereading the tenth anniversary coffee table B&B book. I was wondering if anyone knew who played some small parts in the early years. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Dr. Bailey[1988] Beth's doctor in the Mastectomy story.

Dr. Cameron[1988] Caroline's therapist

Dr. Schnell[1989] Plastic surgeon Thorne took Deveney Dickson to.

Ramone[1988, or 89] Associate Nick Preston at Spencer Publications.

Juanita[1993] Pregnant employee at Spectra that helped Sally convince Jack she was pregnant.

Geri[1995or96] Prisoner that attacked Sheila with Ulma[spice Williams} in prison or the looney bin.

Roberta[1997] Head of the Design Academy.

Again, thanks if anyone has any info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Watching Clarke in that promo something makes me wonder if Bill Bell wanted Clarke to be B&B's own Jack Abbott/Terry Lester style. I know this sounds as blasphemy but there's something so rascal about early Clarke and the actor's performance.

• 3 weeks later...