B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched 9-30-96

I admit, I actually prefer episodes  from 1989-1995, but that being said I did enjoy this episode! 

What was the story with Clarke and these hit men? I thought all those scenes, were very action packed, which is something that B&B needs today (and don't get be started on all the cheesy stuff with Aly and now Ivy) and what a scary situation for C.J to be in.....It was kind of funny how easily he beat 2 armed hitmen, yet IRL no one would survive a fall like that...

Beautiful scene of Sally praying and Macy and Darla comforting her......it's such a loss having no Spectra ties on the canvas....not that they would fair as well anyways....

Stephanie really was the female Victor Newman of B&B the more I think about it....she probably would have had no problem actually beating him and getting to tell about it...LOL I forgot how much I enjoyed her sparring with Brooke, despite how tiresome it was sometimes.....her facial expressions when Brooke walked out killed me haha...

• Members

I'm actually not too sure how this storyline came about to be honest. I've always been curious about it though ever since I saw flashbacks in the 10-16-1996 episode when Sly burned the bar down.

I'm so disappointed in how that Aly storyline turned out. The final confrontation between her and Steffy was probably my favourite moment of the year (which is really not saying a lot actually). And as for Ivy and Steffy...the electrocution scene speaks for itself :D

Oh, I know what you mean, to me Stephanie has always been the female equivalent of Victor Newman. She drove me nuts far less than he does however. I have to admit, I did get a bit mushy when they showed flashbacks of her during the Christmas Eve episode. 

Edited by Y&R21395

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yay! Omar episodes! This storyline is my very first memory of B&B, thanks to my Grandma, who used to watch at that time. Oh, yes, it's silly, and far-fetched, and I'm not entirely sure how I would feel about the whole thing if I watched it now, at 27, but I have such fond memories, and Tylo's beauty was mesmerizing. Thanks so much for posting.

• Members

Thanks so much for these! :) The dates are 11/28 and 11/29 BTW! LOL :D

Yeah the Omar stuff is also an early B&B memory at the age of 4.....as cheesy as it comes off sometimes, I think I prefer this cheese over what they try to do now.....at least more effort was put on here.....I guess with Bill Bell consulting, nothing got too out of hand.....haha
I wish they would say Phoebe is alive and being held captive by Omar's son that he had with Taylor.....major retcon but it might work if told right...

always good to see Sally......I still can't believe Michael Sabatino was on here for a couple years as Anthony......I wonder if those who followed both Days and B&B at the time had some things to say as Lawrence on Days seemed to be a more grounded role then Anthony...though besides the fact that he turned psychotic I don't know much about him...

• Members

Oh, yes, even though I don't remember much and my viewership back then was sporadic, I still think of it fondly as one of my favorite B&B stories. So soapy, so out there, and so much fun!

LOL Sheila is usually it! She's my second memory, when she had James locked up in the secret dungeon lol I will never forget my grandma tsk-tsking at Brooke's whorish ways. She'd say to young me, "she's slept with everyone!"

Edited by YRBB

• Members

LOL that's hysterical......I feel like my Italian  grandmother (who was more of an ABC soap person according to my mother) would have lots of fun things to say too.......One of the last conversations we had before she passed sadly was about soaps and I remember her saying she was tired of seeing all the young people takeover the shows now...LOL

My mother unfortunately doesn't seem like she was ever as passionate about her soaps back then as I can be....(whenever we watch old Y&R stuff she always has to ask me questions about the characters, so clearly she's blocked all her memories of Y&R/B&B out...) but I actually do remember her crying during some scenes back then LOL......I swear one of them just happen to be these episodes with Taylor marrying Omar......I think she preferred Ridge/Taylor back then LOL......

Sally actually made me cry at the tender age of 5......It was when Saul died and they showed flashbacks and we saw Sally crying over him.....made me tear up even back then....haha

• Members

Haha I love it! It's so strange cause that was the only real bad thing I remember Sheila doing back then, but even though I knew she was "the bad lady" cause she was always so mean looking LOL.....her and Sally stood out the most from my childhood.....

boy, typing all this just makes me more sad how even if not all the kids our age grew up watching soaps like we do, I'm sure they would still be able to tell you their memories of certain characters like Sheila back then if their parents watched.......today's children (Including my baby nieces) will probably never have any real knowledge or recollection of soaps as they get older (of course by the time most are our ages they will probably be all gone)