soapfan770

Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

635 posts in this topic

There was something always vaguely trashy about B&B, which was also the case for a lot of the ads. The first one or even the one above :lol:

Agreed, especially in the early to late 90s- it was so tawdry, which is what I loved about it.

Plus, they had the sexiest slimeball ever to grace soaps- Brent Jasmer as Sly Donovan :wub: :wub: :wub:

Articles in the soap rags used to be SO MUCH better like this profile shows...

Indeed. I have the 1991 SOD issue celebrating ATWT's 35th Anniversary and to say it's extensive would be an understatement. I can't remember how many pages were just of text about ATWT but I would guess the cover story was at least 10 pages.

Love these old clips and scans. I have watched B&B for a long long time. I miss Joanna Johnson. Always love when she shows up for a couple of episodes. Stephanie, Eric, Ridge and Caroline were my favorites from when I first began watching. Good times.

You mean someone on the show mentioned him? Or one of us?

I know I've mentioned him quite a few times on here- I love me some Connor Davis and Scott Thompson Baker.

Are you sure those '91 and '92 cast photos are marked right? Kimberlin was full time on Y&R on '91 and joined B&B in '92.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it can't be right- Scott Thompson Baker was on AMC from 1991-1992- he didn't join B&B until '93. And I remember Kevin & Keith- I'm pretty sure they didn't join until '93 either. Plus they're pictured in '91, not in '92, and then again in '93, so the timeline is off. Also, Darla's hair is short in the '91 picture and long in the '92 picture. She started with long hair and then cut it short. Also, Michael Watson only appeared on the show in 1992.

I'm pretty sure the '91 picture is actually '93, the '92 pic is actually '92, and the '93 pic is actually '94. Then the pics from '94 to '96 are actually cast pics of the year after, which fills the '97 gap you have. Just an educated guess, but I'm pretty sure it's right.

The cast pic from 1994 is 1996 and the pic labelled 1995 is 1995. That is why neither Tracey Bregman or Kimberlin Brown appear as Kimberlin was off the show for a short period and Tracey didn't join until late Oct 1995. Rick and Bridget didn't get the spotlight until the whole paternity thing so 1996 would be their first cast picture. Also Barbara Crampton had longer darker hair when she began.

I also think the 1998 pic is from 1999 as I am pretty sure KKL didn't cut her hair until around Dec 1998 and I doubt they would have shot that pic then, it looks like they did most of the cast pictures in the early to mid part of the year. It would also explain why Kimberlin Brown doesn't appear as she left around Oct 1998.

Edited by will81

B&B's cast picture are usually taken in November, but only the last couple of years they have labled the photo as the official cast photo of the following year though...

The cast pic from 1994 is 1996 and the pic labelled 1995 is 1995. That is why neither Tracey Bregman or Kimberlin Brown appear as Kimberlin was off the show for a short period and Tracey didn't join until late Oct 1995. Rick and Bridget didn't get the spotlight until the whole paternity thing so 1996 would be their first cast picture. Also Barbara Crampton had longer darker hair when she began.

I also think the 1998 pic is from 1999 as I am pretty sure KKL didn't cut her hair until around Dec 1998 and I doubt they would have shot that pic then, it looks like they did most of the cast pictures in the early to mid part of the year. It would also explain why Kimberlin Brown doesn't appear as she left around Oct 1998.

B&B's cast picture are usually taken in November, but only the last couple of years they have labled the photo as the official cast photo of the following year though...

The cast photos where I got them from are labeled by Season, rather than year. For example, Season 9 is is labeled as 1995-1996. We are currently in Season 24 and that is 2010-2011. So while a photo might be taken in one year, it was encompassing the season, which overlaps across 2 seperate years. I only put the one year instead of both to simpliy things. Hope that makes sense

http://www.boldandbeautiful.com/index.cfm?pid=402171

Edited by Cheap21