Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Hart of Dixie: Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,724 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:31 AM

with GG, that OMFG ad they did was fantastic. Everyone talked about it - but nobody watched, lol.

#22 Skin

Skin

I will remember the real Babe, the ideal flawed good girl

• Members
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

There, I disagree. The media attention wouldn't be remotely as major. The OC (in year one anyway) was a fairly big pop phenomenon, GG was to an extent, but not to the same extent at all, and at this point I don't think the mainstream media would think most would recognize the actor or character name who could be killed off. It's just not on the radar even to the extent The OC was in its lower periods.

I feel like you're agreeing with me. I never said it would be the same impact that the OC had with Marissa's death. I said there would just be an immense increase in interest in media attention that the show would receive for killing off one of it's biggest characters. I even said in my post that GG was never as big as the OC was.

If i remember correctly it was really the season 2 into 3 where the mass ratings drop happened.

The OC was never really a huge rating's success though. The average amount of viewers they received at the peak of the show was only about 9-10 million viewers and that was in the first season. While that's a good number I don't think it's that great for a "hit" series. Ironically enough their most watched storyline was the Oliver one. The ratings drop occurred in season two that's when the biggest drop happened but the show bottomed out so frequently that I don't think you can pin point one moment where the show went wrong so to speak. It was simply an effect of several viewers just dropping it at several different times.

But the writers actually cater to the fans and that hurt the show.

I agree. Chuck and Blair destroyed the show.

#23 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

I apologize--I did misread you--we are agreeing, lol. The OC surely in its first year got good demos, though, didn't it? Also, it's kinda relative--Melrose Place on Fox was a big cultural phenomenon at its peak, but never was in the top 20 to my knowledge.

#24 Skin

Skin

• Members
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Hart continues to destroy GG in the ratings. 1.8 million this week, beating out GG by .5 million viewers (1.3).

#25 Juliajms

Juliajms

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,337 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

CW's Hart Of Dixie now seems caught in the general CW ratings collapse it fell 25% to a 0.6 adults 18-49 rating. Gossip Girl was down 14%, also to a 0.6 adults 18-49 rating.

#26 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

Hart really doesn't seem to be getting any buzz or word of mouth--the lead actress was on Jimmy Fallon and the clip they showed was *dreadful*--even the studio audience didn't seem to know how to respond. I just don't know anyone who's even aware of it, unlike even most of the less successful shows on the CW.

#27 Skin

Skin

• Members
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

Hart is still doing well. It got a 1.6 this week, still clocking GG which scored a 1.3

Edited by Skin, 11 October 2011 - 08:18 PM.

#28 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,724 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:45 AM

Hart really doesn't seem to be getting any buzz or word of mouth--the lead actress was on Jimmy Fallon and the clip they showed was *dreadful*--even the studio audience didn't seem to know how to respond. I just don't know anyone who's even aware of it, unlike even most of the less successful shows on the CW.

It may not have buzz, but it has an audience. Its just not a water cooler show you talk much about it, but it is cute and doing well.

#29 Juliajms

Juliajms

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,337 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:26 AM

It may not have buzz, but it has an audience. Its just not a water cooler show you talk much about it, but it is cute and doing well.

Is a 0.6 really considered doing well? Hell, maybe at this point it is on the CW. I'm really starting to fear for this network as a whole. It has several shows that I like, but it seems few other people do. Either that or people in the demo they are after aren't watching TV conventionally anymore.

#30 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,724 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:53 AM

the .06 is the early demo, it got a 1.5 in general.

And yeah, thats good for The CW, lol.

The third episode dropped like 20-25% from the previous week, but the previous week didnt drop at all from the pilot, i think.

#31 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,638 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Picked up for the full season. Still haven't watched the show yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users