American Idol

Toups

• Members

Fantasia sucked and she flopped. Oh, and she's a classless scumbag.

I don't get it. All of those people at the end who were singing Lady Marmalade....we saw them sing. They didn't sing that. And tan girl and the Alicia Keys girl were dressed differently......I am pretty sure.....can someone explain this?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. Latoya rocked. Fantasia was like a nasal, slightly more ghetto version of Trina who thought she was Tina Turner.

As for Bo, where's his success? I heard about him releasing an album recently, or soon, or something. But I wouldn't call him a huge success. That remains to be seen, IMO. Same with Carrie.

• Members

No one will ever be as talented or as successful as Kelly. That's just something AI fans and AI competitors need to come to terms with.

Agreed. IMO, Jennifer Hudson was the best that year. Followed by Latoya! Followed by Diana. And then, Fantasia.

As for last season, Vonzell was the best, in my eyes. Amazing growth! Carrie's a bore. No personality! Bo's new single is pretty good.

• Members

King Reilly, everything you said about Kelly is gold. I agree 100%.

I also agree Jennifer Hudson is tons more talented than Fantasia. Why else do you think she beat out old Fantasia for a key part in Dreamgirls?

Like the soda commercial says:

"Wanna Fanta?"

Nah, I don't wanna.

• Members

I itunesed his album, and I gotta say, it's awesome! Not sure how record sales reflect it, but I'd recommend it to anyone. It's a little more mellower than I would have expected, but still very good. My favorite song is "You're Everything".

Bo and Vonzell were my favorites last year. Country music is something I never listen to, so I had no use for Carrie at all. Sweet girl, but not my American Idol. Anyone know what Vonzell is up to?

• Members

Hee! Tonight's auditions were fun. :D

I don't usually watch past the auditions, lol. The only time I ever did was season 3 - Fantasia was the only idol I've ever actually liked. Never been a big fan of Kelly, Reuben, or Carrie.

• Members

Fantasia did not flop. She did very well in the market that she's focused on and has four Grammy nominations to boot. I would not say that was a flop, now would you?

I'd also care to know how she's a classless scumbag? Is it the fact that she was a young mother from a poor upbringing who actually admitted that she was functionally illiterate?

I do also have a little issue with how easily the term "ghetto" has been thrown around as it is very inappropriate. I'd suggest that you not use it.

• Members

I'm not sure if you're referring to me when I used the term "ghetto," but if you are... what, exactly, do you mean? Why is it inappropriate? I, and many others, use the word "ghetto" to describe things all the time. Ghetto food, ghetto soap characters, ghetto everything. What makes it so inappropriate?

When I think ghetto, I think... cheap looking, trashy, classless, dirty. In a 'ghetto' neighborhood, it's usually a place where you'll find trashy streets, rinky-dink, falling apart houses, graffiti, violence. In other words... cheap looking, trashy, classless, dirty. Therefore, using 'ghetto' to describe something that I find cheap looking, trashy, classless or dirty is the perfect analogy.

Me using that word as a description is no different than when I refer to something as stupid, idiotic, brilliant, amazing... it's my personal opinion. So, why shouldn't I use it? I'm intrigued -- because as far as I'm concerned, it's not offensive to any one particular group of people, is it? It's not like some people, who use the word "gay" to describe something negatively. "Oh my God, that's sooo gay. That's sooo asian. That's sooo white, that's soo black." Totally different than calling something 'ghetto.' If my comment rubbed you the wrong way, I think that you're simply stereotyping and getting defensive due to your own stereotyping. Don't always assume that others share your same mindset when speaking.

You can be a fan of Fantasia all you want. Yippee, yay. I'm not a fan. Her demeanor and her voice sucked, IMO. Some of the things she's said in interviews come across to me as classless. She acts like she walked straight out of the frickin' ghetto. If you disagree, fine. And, y'know, to some, that's an admirable trait. They're 'keeping it real.' Personally? I think it's ridiculous. You can come from the ghetto without CELEBRATING it. There's a thing called evolution and growing up. That, however, is unrelated. So I digress.

Anyway, don't bend my commentary out of proportion into making it look 'inappropriate' or personally offensive, because that's all you and your perception. And if you dare reply and say that it was simply mean to say about Fantasia... I've got one word: Divins.

• Members

Carrie is my favorite Idol and I agree with Simon she will go on to the most career success. She is in the country market where fans are more loyal. In pop music, fans are very fickle and move on to the next big thing. Fantasia is my second favorite and I think she is building a loyal following. Having a great career isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. We can argue about who is better, but twenty years from now the proof will be in the pudding. Kelly is a good singer, but she is my least favorite Idol winner.

I loved last night's show. How the heck did that freak at the end make it to Hollywood? He was kinda cute though. LOL

The two girls talking about who was better was hilarious. I heard there will be a lot of sniping this year.

Archived