American Idol

Toups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LoL, she's like Teri Hatcher in that she annoys me just by not acting real. She acts overly nice, overly gracious -- so much so that it comes off as fake. Her, Susan Lucci and Teri Hatcher are three peas in a pod.

Not to mention the annoying Paula/Simon banter. They act as if they hate one another on the show, but we all know that if it was for real, one or the other of them would've quit years ago. And they certainly wouldn't sign for their arguing to be shown on the air. It's so scripted and fake, it's annoying. I'm not a moron! I can tell when I'm watching something genuine, and when I'm watching someone put on a show. Obviously, they put on a show.

• Members

I've noticed that most black guys who aren't singing rap always sound like Luther Vandross, LoL.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. A lovely sound. Just not much variety.

Okay. Simon, Randy and Paula all need to be fired. Then, they should hire Joan Collins, Joan Rivers and Joan Jett to be the new judges. The three !@#$%^&*]y Joans!

• Members

HAHA, that guy sucked. You know Paula just said yes to piss Simon off.

And why is that girl with the [!@#$%^&*] bad tan back?

She doesn't even speak. After she stopped singing she was like "Swy.. uhm uh huh yeawuh." English please?

• Members

That dude has smoked a bad batch of Mary Jane more than once. He's clearly trippin right now. And not because he's going to Hollywood.

The Trashley Simpson girl was TERRIBLE. She needed to stop after the first time. And boo to everyone butchering Patti LaBelle. I LOVE that woman. She should (and could) be all of them up.

Overall, great as usual. Just love watching bad auditions. And I really wanted there to be a girl fight in the lobby. "I have three pitches. Base, medium and semi-high" *shakes head*

• Members

Man, Fantasia didn't go anywhere. She's not in the pop market like Kelly is. Fantasia is in the R&B market, where she's HUGE. If you're not into that sort of market, you'd think that she didn't make it. She's not going to be making pop songs like Kelly anyway. Besides, could someone who has just suddenly disappear is up for 4 Grammy's?

• Members

:lol: Ok why did that crazy, ants in the pants guy make it?

That was clearly to piss Simon off.

I loved the "who shot the sherrif guy" and that blonde chick looked a little too much like Aslee/Jessica Simpson.

Alot of the judges banter seems scripted but I honestly think its not by the show. I think Randy, Paula, and Simon do alot of the stuff to make it entertaining and pretned like they are funny. You may be right and it may be scripted by the show but I do think alot of it is the judges too.

The auditions are always my favorite but I really like it when they get to real performances. So far, most of my favorites are the two groups of twins and I really like those two sisters (one of them got through and the other would have been turned down but Randy agreed to let them both through). I also liked that girl fight outside the audtion rooms and getting to see the judges comments once the person left was great and hilarious.

Fantasia and everything about season 3 was a joke. Latoya should have won and I really think Jennifer Hudson should have been the other finalist. The voting is never perfect (especially since the votes per person is unlimted) but that season it sucked. All the idols of done well with Fantasia and Ruben doing decent. We just don't see them because they aren't marketable and they are merely doing just good enough. Clay, Kelly, Josh Gracin, Bo, and Carrie are all doing extremely well. Carrie is doing great in country and so is Josh Gracin. Bo has health issues but is doing good and Clay and Kelly have done well overall. Carrie has staying power because her album did get very good reviews and she is doing well in the country genre as is Josh. They have all been anywhere from moderate successes to spectacular successes so I wouldn't say the idols don't have staying power. The process may not be perfect but many of these people have done well and the winners have been great successes for the most part but I can see many people's points about the issues with the show. I love it though.

• Members

She's not "HUGE" in the R&B market. She's a somewhat-successful R&B musician. Certainly not huge. Certainly not IDOL status.

There ARE, however, other people in the R&B market who are huge -- and those are the ones we've actually heard of. Fantasia's a nobody, mainstream.

And that's what this entire competition is about. Mainstream success. American Idol. Pop Idol. Not R&B singer that the majority of America forgets about after four months. You can't be an idol when 95% of the population forgets who you are.

Whatever the case, it's annoying.

Archived