American Idol

Toups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The first season was sensational, introducing a true star in Kelly Clarkson.

But since then, the seasons have just been eh. (with Fantasia being an exception)

They're just beating a dead horse, in my opinion. The whole fresh concept is old and stale, and the world does NOT need another Carrie Underwood, or, God Help us, Clay Aiken Jr.

Anybody else share my sentiment?

• Members

The bad auditions are funny, but alot of them are (obviously) rigged and I hate the scripted dialogues between Randy, Paula and Simon. They try to make this a scripted sitcom, and they're not good enough actors to make it play realistically.

Nonetheless, there are some genuinely funny moments. Like the blue moon chick. And "I Shot The Sheriff," LMAO! I also loved that girl trying to go UP the DOWN escalator. "Oh my God, what did I just do? And you got that on tape! Nawww!"

This whole process doesn't matter, anyway. In the end, the final winner just fades away, anyway. Ruben Studdard? Hell, the runner-up of that season has more fame than he does (Clay Aiken). Fantasia? Where the hell did she go? And I don't remember any of the other winners. Who won last year? I've already forgotten. (ETA: Just remembered... it was Carrie Underwood. Great voice, IMO, but apparently no staying power. She's a 'country' star now, and even in that forgotten music genre, she's a nobody. She'd be better off playing bar gigs.)

Kelly's the one and only American Idol.

Archived