Ringer: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Every episode has a twist, but the show doesn't feel overdone. It reminds me of a modern take on a soap had Alfred Hitchcock produced one in the Peyton Place era. I love that about it. And I LOVE Justin Bruening. Even Billy Miller is a revelation here and I HATE him on Y&R.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The CW has done it for a while now--well at least with Vampire Diaries, the only show I've followed regularly on the CW. In a way it makes sense, at least with TVD they showed 9 episodes (with no repeats or missed weeks) and then they pick up in January and go through another extended period of no breaks or repeats, which for a serial makes more sense than how some stations show a new ep, then a repeat, then a new ep, then a break, then a repeat, then a repeat, then 3 new episodes, etc--that's a pretty unsatisfying way to do it. So I *kinda* get it (though the break always seems long to me and I often have to look up what happened), but Ringer has had two missed weeks now, and it seems like for a new show dependant on clifhangers it's not very well planned (does the CW have some awards show or something next Tues?0

• 2 weeks later...

Archived