Ringer: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

“RINGER”

Sarah Michelle Gellar stars as a woman who, after witnessing a murder, goes on the run, hiding out by assuming the life of her wealthy identical twin sister – only to learn that her sister’s seemingly idyllic life is just as complicated and dangerous as the one she’s trying to leave behind. Bridget is six months sober and starting to turn her life around when she is the sole witness to a professional hit. Despite the assurances of her FBI protector, Agent Victor Machado, Bridget knows her life is on the line. She flees to New York, telling no one, not even her Narcotics Anonymous sponsor, Malcolm. In New York, Bridget reunites with her estranged twin, Siobhan. Wealthy, pampered and married to the strikingly handsome Andrew Martin, Siobhan lives what appears to be a fairy tale life – a life where no one knows that Bridget exists. The sisters seem to be mending their frayed relationship, until Siobhan disappears mysteriously, and Bridget makes the split decision to take on her sister’s identity. She discovers shocking secrets, not only about her sister and her marriage, but also about Siobhan’s best friend, Gemma, and Gemma’s husband, Henry. And when someone tries to kill Bridget in her sister’s penthouse, she realizes she is no safer as Siobhan than she is as herself. The series stars Sarah Michelle Gellar as Bridget and Siobhan, Kristoffer Polaha as Henry, Ioan Gruffudd as Andrew Martin, Nestor Carbonell as Agent Victor Machado and Tara Summers as Gemma. RINGER is produced by CBS Television Studios and Warner Bros. Television in association with ABC Television Studios and Brillstein Entertainment with executive producers Pam Veasey (“CSI, NY,” “The District”), Peter Traugott (“Samantha Who?”) and Emmy Award-winner Richard Shepard (“Ugly Betty”). The pilot was directed by Richard Shepard.

• Members

I'm so excited for this. I know not everybody rates SMG but rather like jp's love for Laura Wright :lol: I adore her. I don't care if she's an uppity bitch behind the scenes. Loved her as Kendall, loved her as Buffy, and this 3-minute preview of Ringer on YouTube is making me love her as Bridget/Siobhan.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8SDZesjWN0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Plus she spoke out about AMc's cancellation, and I can only give her props for it because it sounded genuine.

• Members

My first thought would have been Supernatural, but I like suggestions like a pairing with Gossip Girl or even America's Next Top Model. If it was to be paired with Nikita than Ringer would have to be the lead in. Despite its hype Nikita's a bubble show at best and it's not a lead in.

I'm sure Ringer will get higher ratings than 90210 even if the ratings do go down in the weeks after the premiere.

Archived